After nearly 2 months of ownership ZS EV LR Trophy

Mr H

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
After 18 months of owning the Mk1 ZS EV and 16000 miles we decided (me really) to go for the ZS EV LR Trophy in Silver and 8 months of waiting from order to delivery (it was painful) its like night and day MG have certainly improved on everything that niggled me with the Mk1 certainly worth the wait for us. Experiences will be different if the Mk2 is your first EV compared to if you have had the Mk1 and moved over to the Mk2.

Last edited:
Had our Trophy Long Range for a month, 1600 miles 5 rapid charges from Instavolt and MFG charged up to 80 kW, love it. Got it to replace our 2020 ZS EV Exclusive with 17500 faultless miles on, but persuaded my wife to trade her ICE 2016 MG GS, with 75k faultless miles, instead. Saving £500 per month on fuel compared to pre EV days. Trophy was superb value although I did get the plug in grant £2500, MG finance contribution £1500 and Chorley £500, discount mats and cable, not so cheap now and no sunroof. Now paid off the PCP, happy days!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had our Trophy Long Range for a month, 1600 miles 5 rapid charges from Instavolt and MFG charged up to 80 kW/hr, love it. Got it to replace our 2020 ZS EV Exclusive with 17500 faultless miles on, but persuaded my wife to trade her ICE 2016 MG GS, with 75k faultless miles, instead. Saving £500 per month on fuel compared to pre EV days. Trophy was superb value although I did get the plug in grant £2500, MG finance contribution £1500 and Chorley £500, discount mats and cable, not so cheap now and no sunroof. Now paid off the PCP, happy days!
Yep we got the same deal 🙂 and we had equity in our Mk1. Now payments £2 a month more than the Mk1 on pcp.

After 18 months of owning the Mk1 ZS EV and 16000 miles we decided (me really) to go for the ZS EV LR Trophy in Silver and 8 months of waiting from order to delivery (it was painful) its like night and day MG have certainly improved on everything that niggled me with the Mk1 certainly worth the wait for us. Experiences will be different if the Mk2 is your first EV compared to if you have had the Mk1 and moved over to the Mk2.
Unfortunately not everyone is able to get the Mk2 especially given the cost of living at the moment which is a shame because your night & day comment make it sound like the Mk1 is a shed in comparison luckily I like mine 😰

I think this forum should now have a separate section for the ZS Mk2 ????

Unfortunately not everyone is able to get the Mk2 especially given the cost of living at the moment which is a shame because your night & day comment make it sound like the Mk1 is a shed in comparison luckily I like mine 😰

I think this forum should now have a separate section for the ZS Mk2 ????
I love :love: my Gen 1.
I was tempted to go for the new LR but my 2020 Gen 1 satisfies 99.9% of my motoring needs and has been very reliable so far (touches wood). A longer range would be nice for the odd day trip to the coast but ATM we have SWMBO's MG5 for that.
Looking ahead to when we change cars sometime after next Summer, I think we'll be going down to one car, so it'll be a LR either the ZS, the next model MG5 or the MG4, the 4 being SWMBO's favourite.
P.s. I don't like buying something that's just come out, as I can't be bothered by teething problems, updates and all that fuss.

Could you please go into more detail? It sounds VERY similar to our situation and I'd love to hear which niggles have disappeared! We have been sat on an order for the ZS EV LR Trophy for 6 months now and it hasn't been shipped still. Tempted to sack it off, keep the Mk1 as a go around for 95% journeys and get an ICE for long road trips... But if the LR delivers such good wins maybe it makes sense to stick it out...

Could you please go into more detail? It sounds VERY similar to our situation and I'd love to hear which niggles have disappeared! We have been sat on an order for the ZS EV LR Trophy for 6 months now and it hasn't been shipped still. Tempted to sack it off, keep the Mk1 as a go around for 95% journeys and get an ICE for long road trips... But if the LR delivers such good wins maybe it makes sense to stick it out...
Been waiting since November now being told not being built untill January so would be 8/12 weeks later ie march/ April 16 months wait

It is possible to do long trips in the Mk1 🤪😉

Last edited:
Been waiting since November now being told not being built untill January so would be 8/12 weeks later ie march/ April 16 months wait
Wow! I ordered December (lease) and still no updates…. They have told me September when I last spoke to them… but still not heard anything

Good luck

Wow! I ordered December (lease) and still no updates…. They have told me September when I last spoke to them… but still not heard anything

Good luck
Is a lease as well vanarama I’ve been told that what’s happening is dealers recipe cars then supply them to there customers then customers in waiting list then there own forecourt then what’s left is handed over to leasing companies

Is a lease as well vanarama I’ve been told that what’s happening is dealers recipe cars then supply them to there customers then customers in waiting list then there own forecourt then what’s left is handed over to leasing companies
Eurghhh same company as me and I ordered in December… boo

Thanks for intel

I know I know, but we borrowed an ICE to drive 400 miles recently and it was SO easy to just blitz it non stop while our kid slept in the back.
That’s fair enough I appreciate everyone’s circumstances are different but you would need to stop and charge with the Trophy LR possibly twice if your blitzing it as you say !!!

Eurghhh same company as me and I ordered in December… boo

Thanks for intel
I only found this out as I asked them to confirm delivery date got a call last Friday oops car is not being built untill jan don’t believe that for a minute have sent complaints to head office ie not waiting that long also who pays for the charger I have also 5 weeks untill my present car mot is up who pays for that was supposed to b driving my mg in march this year not next

I only found this out as I asked them to confirm delivery date got a call last Friday oops car is not being built untill jan don’t believe that for a minute have sent complaints to head office ie not waiting that long also who pays for the charger I have also 5 weeks untill my present car mot is up who pays for that was supposed to b driving my mg in march this year not next
Out of interest… did you just phone and ask them? I might do this today, will probably get the same answer. We’ve extended our lease an extra 3 months, which takes to end of year

Doubt they’ll extend further for us.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom