Air Vents

StuartMG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Like many of you I have owned a few cars over the years and know each will be different in this regard, however I find that the air vents on the MG4 are just not best placed to allow air to flow directly towards the face (probably more of a bother with the hot weather recently). This is despite messing around physically with the sliders for some time (yes, ensuring they are open as well) and even adjusting the actual air flow from the on screen controls too.

It may just be me and to be fair I actually like the style of the vents used in the car - a sleek one panel style approach rather than, in some cars, multiple/rounded vents.

It's a small thing but just curious to see if anyone else thinks they could be a bit better or infact have no complaints? Thanks.

I've had similar in other cars ... air to face only works properly when the wheel is turned, otherwise the steering wheel/driver's arms block the flow.

I like the design but not the functionality - up and down OK but left and right - one way on the other off = drivers vent going towards the door

Like many of you I have owned a few cars over the years and know each will be different in this regard, however I find that the air vents on the MG4 are just not best placed to allow air to flow directly towards the face (probably more of a bother with the hot weather recently). This is despite messing around physically with the sliders for some time (yes, ensuring they are open as well) and even adjusting the actual air flow from the on screen controls too.

It may just be me and to be fair I actually like the style of the vents used in the car - a sleek one panel style approach rather than, in some cars, multiple/rounded vents.

It's a small thing but just curious to see if anyone else thinks they could be a bit better or infact have no complaints? Thanks.
I like both the design and the functionality.

This is a case of everybody being different hence some it suits better than others. So many variables including human build, steering wheel position, car vent position and functionality, human arms when holding the steering wheel.
Cars, air vents & humans... there will never be one size fits all.

That's true of course. I'm thinking, this is the first car I've had that's had actual climate control as opposed to just air conditioning. I think it's intended to get the entire cabin at a comfortable temperature rather than relying on blasting hot or cold air directly on to the driver. Why would you want cold air on your face if the whole cabin is at the right temperature for you?

I agree with StuartMG. I would prefer the punka-louvres found in other cars. After the car has cooled I switch the air to the windscreen so it flows over the dash towards my face.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back