Alarm whilst charging

Dantsw13

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Ive just taken delivery of my MG5 - subscription via ELMO.

The Handbook suggests the car has to be locked to charge. As soon as I lock it with the cable attached, the alarm goes off 10 seconds later. Am I missing something obvious here?

Ive left it unlocked charging but that isn't ideal.

Ive just taken delivery of my MG5 - subscription via ELMO.

The Handbook suggests the car has to be locked to charge. As soon as I lock it with the cable attached, the alarm goes off 10 seconds later. Am I missing something obvious here?

Ive left it unlocked charging but that isn't ideal.
Hi Dantsw13 is it possible one of the doors or the tailgate isn’t shut fully ?? My 5’s tailgate needs a firm slam down before locking or I’ve had the same outcome.
But you don’t need to lock if you’re sitting in whilst charging.

You are not making the mistake of attempting to lock a car that is already locked are you?

When I charge my car I unlock the car, open the flap and do nothing. After 10 secs or so the handshake happens with the charger, the HV contractor engages and after a further 10 seconds or so the car auto locks itself as a door has not been opened. Perhaps this is happening with you without you realising and then when you press the lock button on the fob you are activating the find my car function accidentally.

For reference you don't need to lock the car to start a charge, doing it can speed things up when on AC but it's not something you MUST do. You do need to have the doors closed though.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom