• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Alloy Wheel Protection

ferbie

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I managed to do some research on keeping the Alloy wheels protected to the maximum extend. Especially the edge of the wheel from causing Kerb Damages. Found a very good product. Ordered them and fitted them. You can also order them and get it fitted by your local tyre shop. Fitting is quite simple and videos are available. Or you can also order the fitting kit if you don't have the tools and DIY Or you can also go to an approved fitter who might supply the product and fit if for you (Will work out dearer though). Comes in various colours, an amazing product and thought of sharing it with the community.

The company is UK based and here to order.

A good 4.7 rating on Trust pilot as well

Attachments

• A3257DDD-2B44-4874-9C91-1CD25BEB1E5A.jpeg
    A3257DDD-2B44-4874-9C91-1CD25BEB1E5A.jpeg
    438.8 KB · Views: 215
  • F20832EF-B2EA-4AFB-A917-C0436CBFA60D.jpeg
    F20832EF-B2EA-4AFB-A917-C0436CBFA60D.jpeg
    343.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 0FFDEBAA-4195-4476-987F-94870D6234DE.jpeg
    0FFDEBAA-4195-4476-987F-94870D6234DE.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 219
I managed to do some research on keeping the Alloy wheels protected to the maximum extend. Especially the edge of the wheel from causing Kerb Damages. Found a very good product. Ordered them and fitted them. You can also order them and get it fitted by your local tyre shop. Fitting is quite simple and videos are available. Or you can also order the fitting kit if you don't have the tools and DIY Or you can also go to an approved fitter who might supply the product and fit if for you (Will work out dearer though). Comes in various colours, an amazing product and thought of sharing it with the community.

The company is UK based and here to order.

A good 4.7 rating on Trust pilot as well
I'm not sure the pictures do it justice - are you coming along to our wee 'meet' on Saturday to Stirling? I'd be interested in getting something to protect the alloys but would like to see these in real life!

Cheers

Bloggsy

I'm not sure the pictures do it justice - are you coming along to our wee 'meet' on Saturday to Stirling? I'd be interested in getting something to protect the alloys but would like to see these in real life!

Cheers

Bloggsy
Hi Bloggsy, Never knew of a meet happening. Thank you for letting me know. Sure will be interested to join in. What time and where?

Hi Bloggsy, Never knew of a meet happening. Thank you for letting me know. Sure will be interested to join in. What time and where?
Hi Ferbie - it's the Castleview Low Carbon Hub, The Castle Business Park, Stirling FK9 4TW at 10am tomorrow (Saturday 7th May 2022).

The downside is there's no facilities to get a coffee save for the nearby Riverside Restaurant (which is excellent and well worth taking the family there for a meal if you get the chance, plus you get to charge your car up for free as you're eating! ;)).

The upside is that the chargers were free (they're still showing as free on Zap Map but Chargeplace Scotland are slowly, but surely, changing all of their chargers!).

There was a wee meet last year and about 6 or 7 of us met at the same place - good to see what others had done to their cars and an exchange of views, experiences and knowledge with some really nice folk! Archie and Eddie, who were there, have said they're coming tomorrow but I've not heard if anyone else is.

Hope you can make it and I look forward to seeing you (and your protect rims!) there! :LOL:

Cheers

Bloggsy

Hi Ferbie - it's the Castleview Low Carbon Hub, The Castle Business Park, Stirling FK9 4TW at 10am tomorrow (Saturday 7th May 2022).

The downside is there's no facilities to get a coffee save for the nearby Riverside Restaurant (which is excellent and well worth taking the family there for a meal if you get the chance, plus you get to charge your car up for free as you're eating! ;)).

The upside is that the chargers were free (they're still showing as free on Zap Map but Chargeplace Scotland are slowly, but surely, changing all of their chargers!).

There was a wee meet last year and about 6 or 7 of us met at the same place - good to see what others had done to their cars and an exchange of views, experiences and knowledge with some really nice folk! Archie and Eddie, who were there, have said they're coming tomorrow but I've not heard if anyone else is.

Hope you can make it and I look forward to seeing you (and your protect rims!) there! :LOL:

Cheers

Bloggsy
Hi Bloggsy, Sounds good. Will meet you at 10 at Castleview:)(y)

Hi Bloggsy, Sounds good. Will meet you at 10 at Castleview:)(y)
Good informative meeting at Castleview, Stirling. Nice to catch up with Edoc, Bloggsy and Ferbie at the fabulous Scottish Coffee (less) Meet. The weather and the venue were excellent and the company was terrific, thankyou gentlemen. Many topics and details discussed about our fantastic shining MG lineup (plus your shiny black Skoda Bloggsy- must try harder there 🤣
🤣)
It was only when I was half way home that the enormity of the situation hit me - we must have stood blathering for an hour and a half and not one mention of coffee 🤷‍♂️
So this proves conclusively the theory about Scots meanness - we really did MEAN to go for coffee 🤩🤩🤩
The up-side is that we’ll just have to try harder next time to lever some coinage out of someone’s wallet 🤪🤪

Good informative meeting at Castleview, Stirling. Nice to catch up with Edoc, Bloggsy and Ferbie at the fabulous Scottish Coffee (less) Meet. The weather and the venue were excellent and the company was terrific, thankyou gentlemen. Many topics and details discussed about our fantastic shining MG lineup (plus your shiny black Skoda Bloggsy- must try harder there 🤣
🤣)
It was only when I was half way home that the enormity of the situation hit me - we must have stood blathering for an hour and a half and not one mention of coffee 🤷‍♂️
So this proves conclusively the theory about Scots meanness - we really did MEAN to go for coffee 🤩🤩🤩
The up-side is that we’ll just have to try harder next time to lever some coinage out of someone’s wallet 🤪🤪
Haha, Nice humour Archev :) . Thank you for the invite Bloggsy. Was a pleasure to meet all of you and yes, very informative meet up. Thank you All for sharing your insight and tips. Looking forward to the next meet up. :)

Haha, Nice humour Archev :) . Thank you for the invite Bloggsy. Was a pleasure to meet all of you and yes, very informative meet up. Thank you All for sharing your insight and tips. Looking forward to the next meet up. :)
Yeah - good to meet Archie and Eddie again and for Ferbie to join the band of merry men.

If anyone is after any 'go faster' stripes, Archie's your man! (Sorry - insider joke! ;) ) but I did get to see Ferbie's alloy wheel protectors and I was right, the photo's don't really let you see how unobtrusive they are.

They do blend in very well with the alloy wheels and at the meet up, I could compare it against a wheel that didn't have the protections and I have to admit they aren't very noticeable.

Given our last car (Qashqai with diamond cut alloys) was kerbed twice in 6 months just before we handed it over to the dealer, I think I'll add this to the list of mods I want to do to the ZS.

Thanks for sharing Ferbie :)

Cheers

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom