Amazon music - can’t login.

Ok - movement.

I’ve sat on my drive making sure the wifi is connected to my home wifi. Amazon logs in immediately and plays tunes and behaves.
The 4g symbol says max bars at this point.
My phone is also linked via BT to the car.

When I move away from the drive and go for a spin, the wifi loses connection from the house (understandably) and then the message flashes up “cannot connect at this time” and Amazon goes down.

4g is still max bars and I’ve driven round a huge urban area where the network is more than enough.

Any thoughts on this new evidence?

Ok - movement.

I’ve sat on my drive making sure the wifi is connected to my home wifi. Amazon logs in immediately and plays tunes and behaves.

When I move away from the drive and go for a spin, the wifi loses connection from the house (understandably) and then the message flashes up “cannot connect at this time” and Amazon goes down.

4g is still max bars and I’ve driven round a huge urban area where the network is more than enough.

Ok - movement.

Have you ran out of data? like on the car sim?

Yes, but it doesn’t help you.

Do you have the Connect version?

The Connect version has its own SIM card that it uses for Amazon Music.
Yes it’s a trophy connect. I’ve had it working for the last three weeks. Just the last week it’s gone funny.

Yes it’s a trophy connect. I’ve had it working for the last three weeks. Just the last week it’s gone funny.

Have you tried with your phone turned off and away from your WiFi?

Just throwing ideas up.

Also, have you tried using Weather to see if that works?

Also, voice commands using internet.

“Hey MG, I want to see the sky”

Should open the sunroof.

Not sure what DNS is used by the car, or if you can see it.

Last edited:
Have you tried with your phone turned off and away from your WiFi?

Just throwing ideas up.

Also, have you tried using Weather to see if that works?

Also, voice commands using internet.

“Hey MG, I want to see the sky”

Should open the sunroof.

Not sure what DNS is used by the car, or if you can see it.
From memory today -

No I couldn’t see the weather when out and about.
No I couldn’t connect when wifi and phone was off.

From memory today -

No I couldn’t see the weather when out and about.
No I couldn’t connect when wifi and phone was off.

The in-car SIM card is multi-network so should latch on to the best signal, so that should not be the problem. Not sure if it is possible to adjust the DNS it uses, I suspect not. I know I sometimes get problems with the DNS on my laptop so I have set it to 8.8.8.8 and that usually gets me sorted.

Have you tried holding the physical HOME button below the screen for 10 seconds until the screen computer resets? Ah - see you tried that one.

It is almost certainly something to do with the DNS not resolving addresses.

Last edited:
The in-car SIM card is multi-network so should latch on to the best signal, so that should not be the problem. Not sure if it is possible to adjust the DNS it uses, I suspect not. I know I sometimes get problems with the DNS on my laptop so I have set it to 8.8.8.8 and that usually gets me sorted.

Have you tried holding the physical HOME button below the screen for 10 seconds until the screen computer resets?
Yup I’ve tried the reset trick a few times each day but thanks for the idea.

@muppet77 is your other i-smart stuff working ie switching on AC when the car is not connected to WiFi?
I am just trying to work out if the data on these sims is petitioned so if you use all amazon data other stuff will still work

@muppet77 is your other i-smart stuff working ie switching on AC when the car is not connected to WiFi?
I am just trying to work out if the data on these sims is petitioned so if you use all amazon data other stuff will still work
Update.

On ISMART when the car not phone is on wifi I CAN locate it’s GPS position.

iSMART is supported on all versions of the face lifted ZS EV so will not be reliant upon the 1Gb data limit.

I think @N2STY has it correct with the 1Gb monthly limit being the issue you are seeing.

I have a USB based Android Dongle that has its own SIM card which I have unlimited data on. I connect the car to this and it is probably why I have never seen this issue.

iSMART is supported on all versions of the face lifted ZS EV so will not be reliant upon the 1Gb data limit.

I think @N2STY has it correct with the 1Gb monthly limit being the issue you are seeing.

I have a USB based Android Dongle that has its own SIM card which I have unlimited data on. I connect the car to this and it is probably why I have never seen this issue.
Ah interesting. Where do you plug the dongle into an d what sort is it please? I’m tempted! How much do you pay for the data?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom