Amazon music - can’t login.

Ah interesting. Where do you plug the dongle into an d what sort is it please? I’m tempted! How much do you pay for the data?
It would be something like This
1655999285652.png

It would simply plug into any USB port in the vehicle, and connect to the wifi hotspot produced by it

In terms of cost of data, that depends on the carrier.

At the time of writing:
Cheapest and most flexible carrier would likely be 3 Via Smarty
100GB for £12 a month at the moment

Vodaphone has 60GB for £18

EE has 150GB for £20

o2 30GB for £16

You can get unlimited data for £16 with three but is it really needed you can run. A hotspot from your mobile save money on a dongle and yet another sim?

Agree. If you have a good data package on your phone then it is simple to use that. Just set your phone up as a WiFi hotspot and log the car into that.

Thanks all sounds decent.
Shame I have to do this each time for the amount we pay for a car.

Wonder where the 4g sim is and whether it’s possibly to swap? Surely….

Ah interesting. Where do you plug the dongle into an d what sort is it please? I’m tempted! How much do you pay for the data?

I purchased a Dongle that has its own SIM card and expanded memory card slots. I read about them on this forum somewhere. I don’t connect my phone to the car, just use the dongle that turns the centre screen into an Android Tablet. This allows just about any Android App to run natively without your phone being involved.

I have my phone connected to my car using only Bluetooth and this handles phone use.

I will see if I can locate the thread on the forum that discussed them.

Something like this…

Thread 'Multimedia Video Box MMBII by TechWizard running Wireless Carplay in the MG ZS EV 2022 facelift.'

Not sure how to link to a thread, but if you search on the above you should find it.

Michael, do you have a link to this or the name of the unit please? I would be interested in this setup. If you bought the Multimedia Video Box MMBII by TechWizard, then that is a bit pricey for my needs.

I will have a look through my records and find what and where I purchased it from. Your are correct, it was not cheap.

Well here’s an update.
Still no Amazon Music when I’m out of house wifi or my phone hotspot is off.

Picked up car: 31st May
Reported problem on the forum : 19th June
Today’s date: 4th July.

Dealer and customer services have no idea how to tell how much data I have left nor when my “month” of data ends.
Dealer said I should take it in so they can do some tests….

By the figures above, the latest the data month end could be, is 19th July, by my reckoning, still another two weeks away.

Super frustrating.

Well here’s an update.
Still no Amazon Music when I’m out of house wifi or my phone hotspot is off.

Picked up car: 31st May
Reported problem on the forum : 19th June
Today’s date: 4th July.

Dealer and customer services have no idea how to tell how much data I have left nor when my “month” of data ends.
Dealer said I should take it in so they can do some tests….

By the figures above, the latest the data month end could be, is 19th July, by my reckoning, still another two weeks away.

Super frustrating.

How many music tracks do you have to play to use up 1GByte of data ?

[edit] Just Googled it and apparently 1GB of data gets you around 2.5 hours of music playback from Amazon Music.

Last edited:
How many music tracks do you have to play to use up 1GByte of data ?

[edit] Just Googled it and apparently 1GB of data gets you around 2.5 hours of music playback from Amazon Music.

Thanks. That explains it. I smashed that.

Not great for a month’s worth. Disappointing.

It's made me think it can't be 1gb limit that's one day driving to work

Personally, I use the onboard Amazon Music a lot and not seen the issue, certainly more than 2.5 hours.

However, I get do get confused a lot and maybe I also use my Deezer account a lot in the car.

Last edited:
It's made me think it can't be 1gb limit that's one day driving to work
The limit really is 1GB. I've been told so by MG Netherlands. They're working on a web portal in where you can buy data upgrade packages for the onboard SIM. In the mean time, they recommend using a WiFi hotspot.... not ideal.

The limit really is 1GB. I've been told so by MG Netherlands. They're working on a web portal in where you can buy data upgrade packages for the onboard SIM. In the mean time, they recommend using a WiFi hotspot.... not ideal.
Thanks. That’s good to hear that there will be an option. Shame it’s more cost!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom