Android Auto - Pre-production hardware Not for resale message/watermark?

Could you let me know what the version numbers are now? I can go back to the dealer and ask them to have another look. Do you have a Trophy or an SE?
Here you go mate.

57755CC0-7387-475C-B869-C263E88A61EF.jpeg

I've just picked my MG4 up and have the same issue.

Anyone found a fix that doesn't mean going back to the dealer? I'm off on holiday tomorrow!

I'm MPU Verdon SW169-29958-1100R10
MCU 69.1.0.9

Thanks
Andy

MG4 SE standard range.

I've just picked my MG4 up and have the same issue.

Anyone found a fix that doesn't mean going back to the dealer? I'm off on holiday tomorrow!

I'm MPU Verdon SW169-29958-1100R10
MCU 69.1.0.9

Thanks
Andy

MG4 SE standard range.
When my car was in yesterday i did mention it and dealer said there was a note on latest version telling them not to install. Might be waiting for a more updates but not sure if it will be ota. Its a small annoyance but i got used to it on google maps and so I'll just wait it out for now.

Mine was in the dealers on Friday regarding this and a number of other problems. They were unable to resolve. Checking I am still on SW169-29958-1100R10 I have just emailed MG themselves to see if/ when there is going to be a fix. (SE SR)

1100R13 is what mine is on (SE SR) and has been since I got it. Sounds like your dealer don't know what they're doing. 🙄

Got my MG4 SE Long Range on Friday. Pretty impressed so far, although there are a few things we're missing from our Leaf, 360 cameras mostly, (maybe I should have forked out for the Trophy). The main issue I currently have is when I plug my Samsung Galaxy A40 into the car when Android Auto comes up it has a message in the middle of the screen that says "Pre-production hardware Not for resale". Is anyone else experiencing this? It stays there like a watermark overlaying any app I start, (maps, Spotify etc.).
I have a 22 face-lift model and I do not have any message as mentioned over the top. Collected car Dec 22. Not sure if this helps anyone but just seems weird that the message would be there when the cars are sold with this a part of the package for it then to display that message.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back