Any updates on lead times ?mgzs ev on motability was told april/may

any news on lean times
Maybe try this one:
A few comments there on delivery times people have been given.

Maybe try this one:
A few comments there on delivery times people have been given.
IF ITS any longer i will cancel it and stick with my old car they don't deserve the money or future business

IF ITS any longer i will cancel it and stick with my old car they don't deserve the money or future business
Only you can decide whether it's worth the wait. The delays are across the market, and I doubt there are too many manufacturers where you'll order a car from new and wait less than 6 months.

The demand is there, so if you cancel your order someone else can get bumped up the list. Either way, it's a win for MG 🤷‍♂️

Only you can decide whether it's worth the wait. The delays are across the market, and I doubt there are too many manufacturers where you'll order a car from new and wait less than 6 months.

The demand is there, so if you cancel your order someone else can get bumped up the list. Either way, it's a win for MG 🤷‍♂️
Agree, drove past a "Perry's" dealership and just happened to notice a white 14 plate Fiesta on sale for 10,200! I estimate double the price in normal times. It's the whole market that's in a strange place not just the new market. If anything, now the instant depreciation in value of driving away in a new car doesn't seem such an issue anymore. In my view a new car is worth waiting for and better value than a used. If it were me, and it is, I'd hang on in there at the agreed contract price and be patient cos the price of a new car is likely to follow the used market and to spiral upwards too.

My 1st post, I for one understand your what you say but I ordered a Standard range 31st jan expecting may delivery, my local dealer had several deliverd late last week but must be pre registration, why not for fill customer orders first ?

Agree, drove past a "Perry's" dealership and just happened to notice a white 14 plate Fiesta on sale for 10,200! I estimate double the price in normal times. It's the whole market that's in a strange place not just the new market. If anything, now the instant depreciation in value of driving away in a new car doesn't seem such an issue anymore. In my view a new car is worth waiting for and better value than a used. If it were me, and it is, I'd hang on in there at the agreed contract price and be patient cos the price of a new car is likely to follow the used market and to spiral upwards too.
Used cars have bumped up to a point where like you, I think it's money better spent on something new. The obscene pricing is precisely why I decided I'm not shelling out that amount for something that's been around the block (other than my partner), I would rather wait.

Going by the market, I had no expectation to receive a car inside of 6 months and have planned as such. We'll see what the actual order to delivery times are once people start receiving their non-stock ZS, but I still think on the whole MG may do better than many. My colleague went to test and order from another manufacturer and was told they're looking at 18 months! 😯

My 1st post, I for one understand your what you say but I ordered a Standard range 31st jan expecting may delivery, my local dealer had several deliverd late last week but must be pre registration, why not for fill customer orders first ?
Welcome!😊 I do get your point, but if your original delivery date was May anyway you're not waiting any longer than expected. That aside, if your order had delivered early so you could have it in Feb it'd be on a '71 plate anyway, so wouldn't it be worth considering the pre-reg fresh in at a discount?

Used cars have bumped up to a point where like you, I think it's money better spent on something new. The obscene pricing is precisely why I decided I'm not shelling out that amount for something that's been around the block (other than my partner), I would rather wait.

Going by the market, I had no expectation to receive a car inside of 6 months and have planned as such. We'll see what the actual order to delivery times are once people start receiving their non-stock ZS, but I still think on the whole MG may do better than many. My colleague went to test and order from another manufacturer and was told they're looking at 18 months! 😯

Welcome!😊 I do get your point, but if your original delivery date was May anyway you're not waiting any longer than expected. That aside, if your order had delivered early so you could have it in Feb it'd be on a '71 plate anyway, so wouldn't it be worth considering the pre-reg fresh in at a discount?
pre reg would not be better price than affinity unfortunately, for me it's a principal thing, don't tell me it's a chips shortage and supply cars to sit on forourt

pre reg would not be better price than affinity unfortunately, for me it's a principal thing, don't tell me it's a chips shortage and supply cars to sit on forourt
I thought these early SRs are mostly demos they're opting to sell off, or were meant to be for show on the forecourt. None are as a result of customer orders...?

Either way, like it or not they've not yet failed to supply by the time they said they'd deliver on customer orders for these models.

Last edited:
Motability allow to order 3 months before your existing motability lease is up and they advise to look for cars because of the current situation. If are able to order now, I would do that. if your contract is up they will extend until your new car arrives. You are not missing out on anything. Also finding a decent suv size car atm is a nightmare over half the cars on the scheme have dropped off it in the last year

Motability allow to order 3 months before your existing motability lease is up and they advise to look for cars because of the current situation. If are able to order now, I would do that. if your contract is up they will extend until your new car arrives. You are not missing out on anything. Also finding a decent suv size car atm is a nightmare over half the cars on the scheme have dropped off it in the last year
wel this was new order last year tell me about it i had the id3 on order bought matts boot liner but still spewed it as ive lost 12 months of motability waiting for a new car

wel this was new order last year tell me about it i had the id3 on order bought matts boot liner but still spewed it as ive lost 12 months of motability waiting for a new car
physical motability?

Or cash? They pay you the 250 ish every 4 weeks still if they have been taking payment check your motability account you may have credit they now do bank transfer but you can still get a cheque if you prefer

Ordered mine 23rd November, told March, then April now looking like June, but I do now have a charger for it!!

Attachments

• IMG20220221124409.jpg
    IMG20220221124409.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 232
Hello all I ordered a MG ZS EV last October. I have just been awarded the high rate mobility and was able to order a car because of this I sold my own car as it was pointless re-insuring. This means that I have been without a car for 4 months.
Can any give me an idea how close to the top of the list I would be.
Please excuse the long-winded explanation I am autistic and can't help it.
Cheers

Hello all I ordered a MG ZS EV last October. I have just been awarded the high rate mobility and was able to order a car because of this I sold my own car as it was pointless re-insuring. This means that I have been without a car for 4 months.
Can any give me an idea how close to the top of the list I would be.
Please excuse the long-winded explanation I am autistic and can't help it.
Cheers
Perhaps not the most hopeful answer, but I think it's likely going to be your own dealer that'll have the best idea...?

They should know how many of their customers are ahead of you waiting for the same trim/colour, and whether you're likely to stand a chance of getting it if MG only give them say only 3 in the next delivery.

I would also ask your dealer for the exact order date of your vehicle in MG's system if you don't have it (not the date you put your name down). I believe the early birds here who put down deposits have order dates of around 1st November, but that's no guarantee all the cars to fulfil those will turn up in the batch expected end of this week/early March.

If it makes no difference to your purchase deal (I'm not sure how Motability works) and you're flexible, it might also be worth asking your dealer to keep you posted if any cars in your trim are delivered in other colours that haven't been allocated/sold to a customer yet.

Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above, or offer up some better info/ideas.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom