• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Anyone else been plagued by Airbag Warning messages

Taq

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
MG4 trophy warning messages.

I seem to be getting air bag and tyre pressure warning messages every time I get in the car at the moment - any one else had similar issues - if so how did you stop them ?

Attachments

• 628EBA23-C2AD-4160-BFF9-283F90812227.jpeg
    628EBA23-C2AD-4160-BFF9-283F90812227.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 293
Tyres can be prone to lower temp affecting pressure...I.e blinking freezing.. . Make sure all are 2.5, 2.6 all round. Airbags...ain't got a clue

Tyre Pressure (Cold)
Wheels half load / laden
Front Wheels 250kPa/2.5bar/37psi 250kPa/2.5bar/37psi
Rear Wheels 250kPa/2.5bar/37psi 280kPa/2.8bar/41psi

Last edited:
Yes on all the time and tyre pressure light too plus location as well drrr but at least it charges fast

Attachments

• 20E246C8-D718-411F-BFFC-4E0E50D4A7AA.png
    20E246C8-D718-411F-BFFC-4E0E50D4A7AA.png
    863.9 KB · Views: 286
Just checked my app - no alarms showing at all, even though I've had warnings re. High Beam, LKA, ACC, AEB etc. (due to the windscreen camera being blocked). Not sure if they would show in the app though.

Hi there, very surprised you and I haven’t discovered each other on here. My car has been in the dealer since 15/12 with airbag issues. I got an airbag notification and opened car to find white dust around steering wheel and white plastic poking through horn casing. I also get random updates on the app stating illegal invasion, power steering issues, brake issues, illegal invasion. I’d be very interested to hear how yours was resolved as MG currently scratching their heads over this? Mine seem to be after dealer updates which were added to the car on 14/12

illegal invasion?! wow! if only I had my mg4 (been waiting 4 months), I'd quite like to see that alarm in a way...

Hi there, very surprised you and I haven’t discovered each other on here. My car has been in the dealer since 15/12 with airbag issues. I got an airbag notification and opened car to find white dust around steering wheel and white plastic poking through horn casing. I also get random updates on the app stating illegal invasion, power steering issues, brake issues, illegal invasion. I’d be very interested to hear how yours was resolved as MG currently scratching their heads over this? Mine seem to be after dealer updates which were added to the car on 14/12
No it’s going in next week for the oil breather pipe replacement, mentioned the alerts when I spoke to them so their due to look at those while they have it, I get tire pressures, alarm triggered, air bag alerts almost every time I start the car. Then occasionally I get none. It’s bizarre, unless there was an over the air update mines had nothing since I picked it up just after the MG4 release.

I got mine back at the end of last week and the alerts have all stopped so they do know how to correct that. Interesting that you are getting the breather pipe added as my dealer said that if there were no signs of leak or over fill then the recall for this was no longer happening

Well went in had breather fitted and software (fully updated !) yesterday. Lo and behold the Lockin recall letter arrives this morning! Was this software update put on - No!

What are these guys smoking, this recall appears to have been on the cards for weeks now from what I’ve read on here today, I’ve got to wonder ‘do they just install what ever they find on what ever usb is laying around at the time‘ or ‘do they just like the showroom to look busy’.

Last edited:
It would appear that the dealers are not getting the information or communication from MG to let them know what these updates are or what they refer to. I got that letter today, given that my Trophy has been in since 15/12 and came out end of last week my husband said that will have been put on. I advised that he give them a call to be on safe side and car is now going back in on Thursday to have this further update. My dealer has been pretty transparent with me about how little info they are getting from MG to describe what the update codes refer to. This, I find really bad on MG, I‘ve had a massive fix on my car but I’m not allowed to know what they did? Its my car, I paid for it, I don’t get it.

I seem to be getting air bag and tyre pressure warning messages every time I get in the car at the moment - any one else had similar issues - if so how did you stop them ?
Has this been resolved? I’m having the same issues with the airbag warning light every time I get in my car. Only picked it up on monday.

It’s now been in the garage 2 weeks, they finally managed to get the fault codes out of it (as they say they seem to vanish when the intermittent fault goes off). Now waiting for a replacement drivers air bag.

It was a bit of a nightmare to deal with them over it as they just seemed to keep wanting to fob me off and returning the car despite the app pinging the fault every time you look at the car and the warning/fault lamps appearing on the dash 80-90% of the time.

Apparently the fault messages in the app arent proof enough of a fault (even the warning lights aren’t unless they manage to pull a fault code out of it) it’s a ridiculous situation especially as you don’t know if the damn things gonna go off on it’s own or not work in an accident.

Last edited:
It’s now been in the garage 2 weeks, they finally managed to get the fault codes out of it (as they say they seem to vanish when the intermittent fault goes off). Now waiting for a replacement drivers air bag.

It was a bit of a nightmare to deal with them over it as they just seemed to keep wanting to fob me off and returning the car despite the app pinging the fault every time you look at the car and the warning/fault lamps appearing on the dash 80-90% of the time.

Apparently the fault messages in the app arent proof enough of a fault (even the warning lights aren’t unless they manage to pull a fault code out of it) it’s a ridiculous situation especially as you don’t know if the damn things gonna go off on it’s own or not work in an accident.
I expect MG China require a fault code to help them and without their help the dealer is probably lost.

They cleared my fault codes last Tuesday and they’re still coming on, I’d say 60% of the time. Got it booked back in this Tuesday for them to have another go at it.
Yes exactly, dangerous if it goes off while driving.

They cleared my fault codes last Tuesday and they’re still coming on, I’d say 60% of the time. Got it booked back in this Tuesday for them to have another go at it.
Yes exactly, dangerous if it goes off while driving.
How did you get on

Mines still at the dealers eta on new air bag is looking like end of April (which would be 8-9 weeks off the road) guessing it’s been shipped from China by Lilo. Pity Aliexpress don’t do them it would be quicker shipping.

Hi did you get any further regarding this? Mine is in with the dealer with the same issue and they're clueless!!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 422 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back