Anyone elses front and rear cameras complety unusable due to moisture?

Wouldn't it be nice if some manufacturer supplied a cheap, long range, say 300+ mile, EV without all the bells and whistles.
When I took my HGV test we didn't have any reversing cameras or sensors and no interior mirror, just door mirrors and eyes.
I think as some time HGV driver you'd agree the expectations of skill levels and abilities is higher for a professional driver with a larger vehicle than that of anyone that has made their way into a private car via a driving licence.

Yes, you don't need cameras - just as you don't need heated seats, power steering, intermittent wash wipe, auto wipers, power windows etc etc - but isn't it nice when they work well to the point they are useful?

We started flying planes without much tech. I wouldn’t want to go in one now where the pilot said he was flying without any!

We started flying planes without much tech. I wouldn’t want to go in one now where the pilot said he was flying without any!
This is very true !.
After working in commercial aircraft manufacture and engineering business
for many many years, the onboard computer systems are pretty much flying planes ✈️ today.
The pilots in a monitoring / passenger assurance mode pretty much !.

This is very true !.
for many many years, the onboard computer systems are pretty much flying planes ✈️ today.
A pilot I know said he's just there to make reassuring announcements to the passengers. :)

This is very true !.
Let’s hope SAIC don’t get too involved in the aerospace industry anytime soon…

Thank goodness aircraft have multiple back up systems at their disposal !.
No CNTR - ALT - DELETE facility at 36,000 feet 🤣.
Or perhaps they are involved already…

Just stick one of these on the car lol
OLD+VIEW+CAMERA.jpg

Ah the good old silver plate and mercury.

I think as some time HGV driver you'd agree the expectations of skill levels and abilities is higher for a professional driver with a larger vehicle than that of anyone that has made their way into a private car via a driving licence.

Yes, you don't need cameras - just as you don't need heated seats, power steering, intermittent wash wipe, auto wipers, power windows etc etc - but isn't it nice when they work well to the point they are useful?
I use mine 👍🏻😁

Everybody is entitled to have an opinion about rear cameras and how to use them. Does anyone has a solution how to upgrade the quality?

Everybody is entitled to have an opinion about rear cameras and how to use them. Does anyone has a solution how to upgrade the quality?
You would probably have to take the camera out of the car to look at the type and size of module. Likely there's units with equivalent connector pins and of size that would work - who knows?

Regardless, you aren't going to change the fact the positioning and the fact there's no active cleaning means that for the most part the cameras are covered in moisture or dirt.

If your cas has a rear camera then at least put a usefull one in. Tried it in the dark with your break lights on? There are many situations in wich the camera can be very helpfull so don't talk about using mirrors instead. The question is: Can you replace the camera with a better one?

your cas has a rear camera then at least put a usefull one in
Yes I'll get right on it.

Tried it in the dark with your break lights on? There are many situations in wich the camera can be very helpfull so don't talk about using mirrors instead
Nobody is disagreeing with you from what I see

The question is: Can you replace the camera with a better one?
Yes probably, as stated above you are on your own, and you'll need to start by finding out the current camera module details...

But a higher resolution rear camera will probably never mesh into the 360 view, and you'd have to take it to a dealer to even try aligning it.

But a higher resolution rear camera will probably never mesh into the 360 view, and you'd have to take it to a dealer to even try aligning it.
Good point

240p potato vision and a layer of smutch it is!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom