Anyone feels cruise control is sticking way too close to car on front?

Oh I know, I was just joshing with you and agree that on some, perhaps many, twisties one would ease off, but on a long, empty and sweeping bend one word not and the ACC cannot tell the difference between the two.
Agree, let's hope MG haven't provided the tech for the new self driving buses they are trialing in Scotland!!! 😉

The AAC slowing for a bean is overcautious and isn't as aggressive as I would be leaving the corner. The problem is I guess that you don't want it to barrel through the brand as basic CC would and in the past I have touched the brake to disengage the CC and then reengage CC when accelerating out of the bend. Manually driving I guess you would lift off just before the bend and accelerate through it but the MG ACC has no way of understanding the bend and so what I do is to set the ACC to the speed I want but just before the bend I will adapt the cruise control lever down once which causes moderate lift off and then accelerate through the bend manually before restoring the ACC to the original speed. If I'm driving around bendy country lanes I set the ACC to a lower speed allowing it to reduce the steering effort and control the speed with my right foot. This I find to work really well.

Before buying my ZS I did have for a short while Kia E Nero which had a much more sophisticated autopilot linked to the mapping system in such a way that it would know about the bend ahead of you and adjust the regen accordingly. It would also take into account whether you were going up or down hill when approaching a bend, increasing the regen when the bend dipped away downhill. Unfortunately, I didn't have the car for long enough to fully test out these features described to me by the salesman!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom