Anyone had to sell?

meveringham

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Has anyone had to sell their MG 4 shortly after getting it? We may be in the position of having to sell, going overseas, but using one of the quick online evaluation tools, it seems unrealistically low.

Quite a few on autotrader and a member tried to sell his on here, unsure if he managed it.
I think you would sell it no problem on autotrader if you have a realistic price, what model is it?

It always used to be said that as soon as you drove off the garage forecourt you lost 20% (equivalent to the VAT) so that is probably a reasonable guide.

Has anyone had to sell their MG 4 shortly after getting it? We may be in the position of having to sell, going overseas, but using one of the quick online evaluation tools, it seems unrealistically low.
Don't use "We Buy Any Car" - They're notorious for giving very low offers on EVs.

Have you tried Car Wow. I’m not in a position of changing my car yet but I did a speculative valuation on there as compared with We Buy Anycar and Car Wow was offering over a thousand pound more.

Have you tried Car Wow. I’m not in a position of changing my car yet but I did a speculative valuation on there as compared with We Buy Anycar and Car Wow was offering over a thousand pound more.
Thanks I'll try them. I had a great experience with Cazoo with my last car but their valuation is also horribly low.

It’s crazy to think that only about six months ago you would have been turning people away from your door due to the high demand, that over inflated the price of second hand cars and especially EV’s.
The bubble had to burst unfortunately and selling right now is certainly not great.
Even some dealers have been caught out with cars that they have bought in at top price and are struggling now to move them on now.
Example :- A relative of ours traded in his ZS EV ( Gen1 ) for the face lift model about four months ago.
He received a really good price from the dealer, almost what he paid for it two years earlier.
Last week the car is still up for sale and has had £4,000 taken off the screen price.

£24.5k seems optimistic when a new one isn’t much more.
And people can get PCP from a garage, not from you.

I would scan Autotrader for a more accurate idea - remembering you are not a dealer and not offering finance so need to compare to other private sellers or significantly discount the dealer prices.

Quite a few on autotrader and a member tried to sell his on here, unsure if he managed it.
I think you would sell it no problem on autotrader if you have a realistic price, what model is it?
It has took me 2 months to finally sell my gen 1 zs ev, 2 weeks on Autotrader, I made sure it was the cheapest on there, no interest at all, finally sold on carwow for £13500, which is low in my opinion.

Those websites are based on historical data, and since it's a new car you're getting the valuation for other cheaper MGs, which is rubbish. Try putting a plate of a Mégane E-Tech or other new cars and you'll have a laugh.
We just sold out 6 months old 6k miles car to a garage, £5k less then what we bought it.. we had not a single offer on Autotrader (despite 2k views) but had some enquiries from Facebook marketplace so you might want to try there

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back