Anyone know the resolution of the main 10" screen?

TheHypnoToad

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Quite a cool feature of the MG4 is that it allows videos to be played back from a USB drive.

I was wondering what the resolution of the screen is?

I doubt it's a 4K screen, but it also looks a little wider than your typical 16:9 screen.

I'm going to take a guess at 1920 x 800 but I may be wrong, anyone seen anything mentioned by MG or seen it listed in brochure / manual?

Can’t be certain, but when you Google “MG4 Screen Resolution”, one of the first few hits shows this, suggesting it’s 1440p…

E455A92C-25AB-489B-89D5-B0FDCB9F080A.png

it seems a bit picky about formats if you are playing back video, I had one that didn't play audio (I've not checked what format the audio was I'm afraid). 1080 video was a bit jerky but 720 was pretty good.

I'm trying out Carlinkit 4.0 to get wireless android auto in my new MG4 but the image is stretched out, the resolution the adapter reports is 1920×720 when it's set to auto but it does not appear to be the native resolution of the screen judging from how it looks.

So does anyone knowhat the native resolution and/aspect ration is for the screen?

I did check DDG, google etc, but most sites I found just list it as a '10.25" floating touchscreen'
It's 1920 x 720 according to this video, can be seen at 1:38
Nice, thanks. That is a really wide aspect ratio, 2.66:1, which is even wider than typical 'ultrawide' resolutions. :)
it seems a bit picky about formats if you are playing back video, I had one that didn't play audio (I've not checked what format the audio was I'm afraid). 1080 video was a bit jerky but 720 was pretty good.
Yep it's worth checking what audio formats the problematic videos are using, I imagine some of the less common audio codecs are probably not supported.

As the screen is 720 pixels tall, that would explain why 720p videos are smooth as
whereas the 1080p videos need to be downscaled. :)

I've just been out and had another play with some video files and to be honest playback is a bit ropey even on 720p files. Don't know if they would be better re-encoded to a lower bitrate, but I bet the framerate was no more than 15fps?

Video playback through android auto mirroring is really quite nice though, and it will play whatever the phone will play, although you dont get fullscreen - the picture is about the same size as my phone screen but more conveniently placed. I wonder if the new android auto will allow bigger video window

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back