Anyone know where I can get a workshop manual for an Excite 64

T1 Terry

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I'm new here, so be gentle. I am in Australia, so you can't come around and egg my house for what I want to do :lol:
I recently bought a stat write-off MG4 from a salvage auction and want to use it as a donor to convert my '74 VW Kombi to electric.
A workshop manual or You Tube videos on how to dismantle the whole car would be very helpful, both to avoid damaging anything and avoid making an ass of myself ....

T1 Terry

Sounds like quite a project. You'll have to post it on Youtube as you go along or get a TV company interested.
Good luck and I hope you know what you are doing around EV batteries and the high voltages they produce.

I'm new here, so be gentle. I am in Australia, so you can't come around and egg my house for what I want to do :lol:
I recently bought a stat write-off MG4 from a salvage auction and want to use it as a donor to convert my '74 VW Kombi to electric.
A workshop manual or You Tube videos on how to dismantle the whole car would be very helpful, both to avoid damaging anything and avoid making an ass of myself ....

T1 Terry

Calling all Australian members, collect eggs and meet at Terry's house this afternoon... :LOL:

T1 Terry
That's a huge project, and I wish you luck with it. Rear wheel drive EV for a rear wheel drive VW, makes sense to me. Please keep us updated with progress.

Sounds like quite a project. You'll have to post it on Youtube as you go along or get a TV company interested.
Good luck and I hope you know what you are doing around EV batteries and the high voltages they produce.
Thank you for your interest. I've been playing with my two Priuses, so only around the 200vdc range so far, only managed to get myself once with the extended range 74 cell LFP battery, that was enough (around 270vdc) to learn not to use the metal body to hold your balance while touching a cell terminal, disconnect the negative terminal first :oops: 40 plus yrs as an auto mechanic and do a dumb thing like that ....

T1 Terry

It's not an MG4 but it is MG, and it is Australian:

This bloke has a few related videos worth a watch.

Thank you Kiwi, I will watch them in the breaks between rewiring the 240-vac electrical system in my just purchased motorhome so all the circuits are double pole and the 15 amp ones separated from the main GPO circuits. Then I can finish wiring up the 24v 5kva Victron inverter, I've at least finished sorting the 12v circuits and 24v circuits and routed them separate to the 240v stuff ..... some people seem to like living on the edge when it comes to wiring, I'm not one of them :lol:

T1 Terry

Calling all Australian members, collect eggs and meet at Terry's house this afternoon... :LOL:

Ohmlettes anyone ?

You might get some resistance to that ;)

Get your hat and go ohm before you get hertz 😁

Great to see such an informative site has members with a similar warped sense of humour as I have :lol:
You'll need a good throwing arm to get from the road to the house, the ferocious mexican hunting dog will attack if you get too close (chihuahua) :eek:

T1 Terry

That's a huge project, and I wish you luck with it. Rear wheel drive EV for a rear wheel drive VW, makes sense to me. Please keep us updated with progress.
Thanks, it sounded straight forward ... until I started reading the links to all the PDF's @ leonkerman put up for me to read o_O I'm not sure how they got all that gear in one vehicle and still have room for seats :lol:

T1 Terry

Great to see such an informative site has members with a similar warped sense of humour as I have :lol:
You'll need a good throwing arm to get from the road to the house, the ferocious mexican hunting dog will attack if you get too close (chihuahua) :eek:

T1 Terry
Wishing you the best of luck with the job there - hope you’re keeping pictures for the before and after story. 👍

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back