Anyone know where I can get a workshop manual for an Excite 64

T1 Terry

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I'm new here, so be gentle. I am in Australia, so you can't come around and egg my house for what I want to do :lol:
I recently bought a stat write-off MG4 from a salvage auction and want to use it as a donor to convert my '74 VW Kombi to electric.
A workshop manual or You Tube videos on how to dismantle the whole car would be very helpful, both to avoid damaging anything and avoid making an ass of myself ....

T1 Terry

That incarnation Youtube channel had something similar, there was a module that detected it had been in a crash and from then on it couldn't be reset.
Removing that module made everything else forget about the accident.

It was only a couple of videos back.

btw, that was @siteguru 's site I linked to, he's the one who grabbed the stuff from MG.
Finally found the YouTube channel inCARnation you mentioned, about a bloke in Sydney putting a ZS into a 928 Porche .... hopefully the MG4 will be the same, but an unknown at the moment ....

T1 Terry

I don't understand the Statutory write off v repairable write off rules in Australia. There was a 2023 model ZS with the sunroof up for salvage auction in Melbourne less than an hr ago. It has the same damage as my MG4, crumpled front, air bags gone off and seat belts locked, yet it was marked as a repairable write off and sold for $8,100 at the fall of the hammer, so probably a shade under $10,000 by the time they get it home if they live local.

T1 Terry

I suppose at that point you can only be thankful nobody was hurt, but it's horrible to think that someone would deliberately do that to you.
That was one of the harder things to get over. The only people who might have had a grudge against us actually owed us money, so unlikely they would do it, and they all need our ongoing assistance to maintain their systems. Just because the business is no more, doesn't mean we abandoned our customers, we are still only a phone call or email away if they have problems.

So that leaves the robbery angle. Kinda easier to take, but still, insurance would have replaced what was stolen and we would still have all our other gear ... and a great workshop with all the gear required to do this conversion .... such is life .....

T1 Terry

Found a few photos of Kombi, the hopeful recipient of an MG4 transplant
This was the "prize" kombi that won over the wife, I think this is around March 2005
Honeymoon kombi.jpg
Ballina CP.jpg

Kombi on the truck 2017.jpg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video