Anyone 'pepped their brake lights up' yet, as Vyvyan would say?

DaevM

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Anyone pepped their brake lights up yet. And more importantly I suppose, is it legal ? ( AliExpress special).
Certainly make your point when braking. Probably extremely irritating if fired during regen braking and sitting at lights with foot on brake.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240407-100659.png
    Screenshot_20240407-100659.png
    305.3 KB · Views: 259
I'm thinking about it. I contacted the seller as I have had a few bits from him. Just to clarify, only one is needed, which has been confirmed. Shouldn't cause too many issues during the day with the light, and it reverts back to normal at night.
Reverts back to normal at night.... How's it do that then 🤔

Reverts back to normal at night.... How's it do that then 🤔
Found it ...

When running lights are on reverts to normal. Does that include daytime running lights ? 🤔 'cos that'd make them useless ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408-182308.png
    Screenshot_20240408-182308.png
    586.8 KB · Views: 187
MG4 only has daytime running lights on the front. All the rears are off. So you can use the rear side lights / led bit as addition brake lights.

At night / when lights come on the additional brake lights are then permanently on as they are just the normal side lights anyway and you will only see the the standard brake lights.

Anyone pepped their brake lights up yet. And more importantly I suppose, is it legal ? ( AliExpress special).
Certainly make your point when braking. Probably extremely irritating if fired during regen braking and sitting at lights with foot on brake.
Better check that this "upgrade" doesn't cause you issues with your insurance. They might not like it.

What would be the issue for insurance companies, just seems like a random comment to me ?
Insurance companies insist on being told every mod to cars, including stickers ,(??!!??)..
I should imagine they'd love the opportunity to refuse a payout due to installation of unauthorised modification to brake light system.
Me > Insurance company " can I add this brake light mod?"
Ins co.> me " Is it MG authorised ?"
Me> MG " Can I put this mod on my brakelights?"
MG > Me "no"
Me> ins co. "no"
Ins co.> me "no".
Me "oh" .

You just know how it'd go. 🤷

Insurance companies insist on being told every mod to cars, including stickers ,(??!!??)..
I should imagine they'd love the opportunity to refuse a payout due to installation of unauthorised modification to brake light system.
Me > Insurance company " can I add this brake light mod?"
Ins co.> me " Is it MG authorised ?"
Me> MG " Can I put this mod on my brakelights?"
MG > Me "no"
Me> ins co. "no"
Ins co.> me "no".
Me "oh" .

You just know how it'd go. 🤷
Unless I've missed something though, doesnt this improve the break lights ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom