Anyone 'pepped their brake lights up' yet, as Vyvyan would say?

Its still a
Mechanically speaking, you're not changing the vehicle in any way. I don't think it's even worth calling the insurance company over.
Modification of the factory specifications require notification to most insurance companies it doesnt have to be mechanical. If you want to risk potentially invalidating your insurance, go ahead by all means.

I shall be calling them and also let them know about gas struts for the bonnet, pedal covers, mud flaps, centre console cover trim & sill scuff plates but probably not key fob cover.
Hopefully they'll get fed up half way through the list and just ok the lot 🤞😂
I'll feedback 👍

They'd refuse to pay out for an Air Refreshener dangling from the mirror if they could. Ok perhaps a slight exaggeration, but you get me meaning, insurance company's are money grabbing bastards that have you by the knackers.
They won't do you any favours when it comes to a claim. Have to admit I've taken a risk, in the past and not declared mods, but that's just it, it's a risk. 🙄

They'd refuse to pay out for an Air Refreshener dangling from the mirror if they could. Ok perhaps a slight exaggeration, but you get me meaning, insurance company's are money grabbing bastards that have you by the knackers.
They won't do you any favours when it comes to a claim. Have to admit I've taken a risk, in the past and not declared mods, but that's just it, it's a risk. 🙄
It could be worse than that. I wouldn't advise driving in Wales with a dangley air freshener.

It's all about the doorbell 💥😉👍
😎 Mike, the cool guy.

Well, I tried to notify them. They directed me to their portal for the lower cost 'make a change' facility ( Always go for lower cost - see car 😉 ).
Attached their options on the portal. They don't seem to want to be informed about light mods, so jobs a good 'un 😁👍
However they do make the following statement :
"If you cannot find the modifications or it is to aid a disability please
Contact Us
. We do not cover modifications or any other changes made to a vehicle, unless they are to support a disability." 😱😕😡.
Looks like the portal's not upto the job...
"Computer says no"

After an hour and a half of trying to let them know what the mods are and being 'bot assisted ' into oblivion, I give up - no phone number readily available either - oh for a real human. Time for breakfast!!

Brake mod adapter should be arriving in the next day or two.
Views wanted please.
Should I either -
1- use 'power off' switch. OR
2. Disconnect 12v battery. OR
3. Something else?

Cheers m'dears.

👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240416-103048.png
    Screenshot_20240416-103048.png
    176.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20240416-103032.png
    Screenshot_20240416-103032.png
    189.8 KB · Views: 46
Disconnect the 12v battery as that powers all the electrical systems. The main battery only powers the motor and charges the 12v battery.
Thanks Ian. Should just disconnecting the -ve whilst working on it suffice and is there any ev foibles I need to be aware of when reconnecting / having reconnected it pleaseta ?

Last edited:
Thanks Ian. Should just disconnecting the -ve whilst working on it suffice and is there any ev foibles I need to be aware of when reconnecting / having reconnected it pleaseta ?
There will be loads of warning messages which will disappear when you start to drive it. The steering wheel will need turning lock to lock and the windows will need fully opening and the switch held in the open position for a few seconds and the same in the closed position.

I wouldn't bother doing any of that. Why should you. I removed both tail lights by unplugging the harness no different to what you are doing. Makes no sense what so ever.
Regardless what people say it has no canbus for lights etc. I ran the car with lights disconnected with no warnings.

/Big Rant On/

'ckin Evri !! 😡😡
Claiming they tried to deliver the adapter yesterday with undeniable pic confirming. It is our house, it was a blue sky, bin outside BUT we were in. It is a 1970's retirement bungalow with 1970's style tubular bells doorbell that I installed 5 years ago ( more power!!) so not only do we know someone has rung the doorbell but so does the rest of the Close!!
No knocking of the door, no ringing of the bell. W.T.F.??? stated they'll try again next working day ( today). No sign of them!! Where t.f. is my cable?!?
China to UK in 5 days, Evri local depot to my house ,Who t.f. knows??

/Big Rant Off/
(sorry 🫣 )

He knocked ( apparently) he has now been instructed in the use of doorbells.

They have arrived - time to fit....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240419-201716.png
    Screenshot_20240419-201716.png
    941.9 KB · Views: 38
  • PXL_20240419_153757030.jpg
    PXL_20240419_153757030.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 17136172209304589987128827907277.jpg
    17136172209304589987128827907277.jpg
    818.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
PXL_20240420_135935447.jpg
Interesting to see when fitted. 🙂👍
and the bad news is, the connections are nothing like their video in the ad. I've had both sides off in the boot and can't see anything that looks remotely similar ( might be behind the light fitting on the tailgate but....)
Can't get WeChat going which is where their instruction vids are.
Dropping them a line.....
Never easy is it ? 😂😂PXL_20240420_140802739.jpgPXL_20240420_141153330.jpgPXL_20240420_141146645.jpg

It's all gone proper Chinese on me. I've WhatsApp'd 'em. Time for some early season sunbathing sunburn while I wait for the time difference to elapse....

Attachments

• PXL_20240420_141139994.jpg
    PXL_20240420_141139994.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 26
and the bad news is, the connections are nothing like their video in the ad. I've had both sides off in the boot and can't see anything that looks remotely similar
It looks like it plugs directly in to the rear of the light itself.
1000027894.jpg

See this thread on changing the bulbs to LED for reference on removal: Led rear indicator and reverse lamps

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom