Hmm. Checked the site I was interested in. I know there are 8 connectors there but they say 6. Green pin indicates that there is free space but NOT how many connectors are in use/free. Good description of how to find the chargers in the car park and what the terms and conditions are though.

We love Wales, we live near Exeter. We were planning a run through Brecon to Portmeirion. I looked on Zap-Map and mid Wales was bereft of chargers, but on plugshare there were plenty shown.

We love Wales, we live near Exeter. We were planning a run through Brecon to Portmeirion. I looked on Zap-Map and mid Wales was bereft of chargers, but on plugshare there were plenty shown.

Me too (except living near Exeter). You have to be careful to check them out though, when you click on them, lots are things like 7kw chargers for guests only of places.

Incredibly I did look at that, it covers a large area. Rather like me putting in my profile I'm in Leeds (ooh I did), hardly tells you where I am though.

The South East Welsh Valleys . The land that time ,and governments forgot ;)
Thanks, I was hoping for something slightly more accurate in order to check some charger apps and see if there are any on some others.

Thanks, I was hoping for something slightly more accurate in order to check some charger apps and see if there are any on some others.
Rhondda Valley

Me too (except living near Exeter). You have to be careful to check them out though, when you click on them, lots are things like 7kw chargers for guests only of places.
That's what I noticed . You'd have to plan the route very carefully unless you're planning a few 6 hour charging stops , or alternatively hire a horse and cart :D

Just as an example, as I want to go to Portmeirion from Exeter, I could get to Crickhowell (halfway) comfortabley then on to Portmeirion. However, my Zap-Map shows only a type 2 charger at Crickhowell but Plugshare shows a CCS charger at Crickhowell.

Just as an example, as I want to go to Portmeirion from Exeter, I could get to Crickhowell (halfway) comfortabley then on to Portmeirion. However, my Zap-Map shows only a type 2 charger at Crickhowell but Plugshare shows a CCS charger at Crickhowell.
ABRP shows it as a 51kW CCS and Chadaemo operated by Boots the Chemist.

If you zoom in on Zapmap in Crickhowell you will see a CCS hiding behind the 7kW in Beaufort Street car park. It does this often when close together.

1685355185982.png

1685355247975.png

Do you have to pay now for the latest Zap-Map updates, because I can't see the CCS on mine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230529_121549.jpg
    Screenshot_20230529_121549.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 61
Do you have to pay now for the latest Zap-Map updates, because I can't see the CCS on mine.
You definitely have a filter applied, (orange funnel top right) maybe that is affecting the selection.

I tried to us Applegreen chargers at Abington on 11th and 14th May. Couldn’t get them to work and saw several other people unable to get them to work. I phoned Applegreen and was told that it was probably an issue with my card but it wasn’t as I was able to use card on another charger. Very frustrating when there were so many charge points.

I didn't see other people having a problem with these chargers either at Gretna or Abington, but I didn't look all that hard - I was more concerned with trying to get my car charged and with avoiding yet another £30 "authorisation charge".

I won't go straight to one of them again, for sure, although I'll give one a try (using a credit card) if there's no alternative and see what happens.

Applegreen at Abington Services working fine yesterday - managed 82kW - equal to my previous record. For an MG5 with max rate of 87kW this is a good result.

The display shows the kWh added to 3 decimal points, so it runs up very quickly, giving a satisfying feeling of progress, (even though 1Wh is not significant).

The Tesla superchargers did not seem to be working as the only vehicle was a Tesla who had to switch to the Applegreen chargers.

This was part of a 900mile round trip - with only 1 charging issue - a Shell Recharge which was live on Zapmap but new and still wrapped in plastic.

IMG_6982.jpg
IMG_6981.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom