Are existing orders price-protected?

Hobbyist

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Miles mentioned on the most recent podcast that 90% of his orders back in Nov are for the LR Connect and he’s still waiting just like us. Now that the costs of manufacturing had increased quite a lot since then, that makes me think if MG and dealers actually have to honour the price at which point we paid the deposit for? What stops them from just cancelling the order, or breaking the contract and forcing us to resign one at a higher price? As consumers do we have any protection at all?

My dealer said verbally way back that both price and financing will be the same but reading through my order confirmation form there’s nothing mentioned in writing. What do people’s dealers say?

I ordered my mg5 back in December and got the grant and then the gov cut the grant in new year got my mg5 in March and at agreed price etc the dealer covered the cut of the grant so was very happy 👍

I ordered on 31st March. The dealer said that orders up to that date were priced protected, but from 1st April they were not. Not entirely sure if that was the dealer policy or MG.

I ordered on 31st March. The dealer said that orders up to that date were priced protected, but from 1st April they were not. Not entirely sure if that was the dealer policy or MG.
I got told on the 2nd April when I ordered that the price and finance where protected. My thought is that it’s a contract to supply at that price. If they cancel the contract and don’t supply the vehicle then I have a claim for loss for the additional cost of the vehicle if I put a new order in. As such, still costs them the same.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom