Are the MG5 headlights bright enough? Has anyone upgraded them?

Which means they probably dazzle oncoming drivers and as said many times completely illegal.

They may also invalidate your insurance. I find the auto dip function is a little slow at times so by the time it has reacted you have a blinded oncoming driver.

Which means they probably dazzle oncoming drivers and as said many times completely illegal.

They may also invalidate your insurance. I find the auto dip function is a little slow at times so by the time it has reacted you have a blinded oncoming driver.
This has been discussed - due to the mechanical barrier for dipped beam on the projector headlights, the lights on the MG physically cannot dazzle oncoming drivers due to poor beam definition - reflector headlights are a different matter however - alleviated by using a bulb from a reputable manufacturer that has the light source in a comparable position to a halogen.

But, your point about legality is completely true as well as being an MOT failure and potentially invalidating your insurance.

This is an American site but worth reading the reviews of the various bulbs (LED/Halogen/HID) to see how different bulbs perform in projector vs reflector as well as issues of temperature, etc. The LEDs I have are actually better in reflectors than projectors - seems that HID is really the best option for projectors 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Just fitted the Osram nightbreakers and will see what difference they make when it gets dark later. Easy job apart from it being a very tight space on the passenger side

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom