Auto Hold has stopped working

AlfC

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
We have had our MG4 SE LR since March and our experience of it is overwhelmingly positive. The deep press on the brake pedal to hold the car at traffic lights has been a very nice addition to the convenience of driving the car so when it just stopped working a couple of days ago this was a big annoyance. I found the place in the menu where Auto Hold is an option (I never noticed it before and assume it defaulted to on) but no matter what I try it stays grey and refuses to switch on. Anyone else had this or found what it takes to re-activate it?

We have had our MG4 SE LR since March and our experience of it is overwhelmingly positive. The deep press on the brake pedal to hold the car at traffic lights has been a very nice addition to the convenience of driving the car so when it just stopped working a couple of days ago this was a big annoyance. I found the place in the menu where Auto Hold is an option (I never noticed it before and assume it defaulted to on) but no matter what I try it stays grey and refuses to switch on. Anyone else had this or found what it takes to re-activate it?
Could you post a video so we can maybe figure out if indeed you are trying to enable it when car isn’t fully initialised?

I had this yesterday, drive into my drive, pressed the auto hold and a second later it disabled and the car crept forward… i had the same issue that I couldn’t toggle it back on so reset the infotainment unit which cleared it. My only other evidence was earlier in the journey I had the phantom AEB issue at a roundabout, fortunately no one behind me… scared the 💩 out of me… I wonder if that confused it

IMG_0767.jpeg

Thanks, now wondering if I unplugged the seatbelt befor applying the park button…. Update.. just tried this and the auto brake stayed on when I released my seatbelt, I tried opening the door too and it gave me a warning and applied the park break … so that’s good to know

Last edited:
Thanks all, it's working again. I tried the whole start up again as if I was about to set off and just before going to Drive I touched the slider in the Safety screen and it switched on! I powered off and tried again but without putting my seat belt on and it would play so that was the difference - seat belt on before making alterations. Now I think it comes on by default when I power up. I must have switched it off accidentally recently while aiming for the Power Off button which is on the same Safety Screen.
Thanks again for all your suggestions

Yeah, I've notived a few options are only changeable when you are sat down, strapped in and ready to go in Drive mode. The whole LKA menu on/off option in MG Pilot only appears on my car in this state too. I've read Autohold and One Pedal Drive do not work in reverse gear even when turned on so something to bear in mind.

Yeah, I've notived a few options are only changeable when you are sat down, strapped in and ready to go in Drive mode. The whole LKA menu on/off option in MG Pilot only appears on my car in this state too. I've read Autohold and One Pedal Drive do not work in reverse gear even when turned on so something to bear in mind.
Yes - look for READY in (P) before making changes to settings and everything that does stick should then stick.

Yes autohold only works in (D), forward mode.

My One Pedal driving mode wont switch on even when the battery is below 90% I am getting the not enough etc etc message and battery is now at 68% - software issue ? SE SR

Rob

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel