Auto Hold System fault

Dewi

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I got my grey trophy yesterday, it's amazing but now there's a yellow AHS symbol and a yellow warning triangle next to it. Has anyone else had the same thing?

The only yellow warning symbol I've seen is when I blocked the camera that monitors the driver alertness. Sounds like you need to ask the dealer to look at this for you.

Got my MG4 se last week, have had the same problem twice and each time I cleared it by powering the car off and then back on. If it persists I will need to get it looked at.

Got my MG4 se last week, have had the same problem twice and each time I cleared it by powering the car off and then back on. If it persists I will need to get it looked at.
I've seen this fault and some others besides. I think future software updates will remedy most of this stuff in time

also had this twice on my SE SR
but as stated it does reset after powering off and back on again
only seems to do it on getting in the car and pressing the brake pedal to start the car though.
So was wondering if we're maybe pressing a little too soon, before its maybe done a few checks.

I got my grey trophy yesterday, it's amazing but now there's a yellow AHS symbol and a yellow warning triangle next to it. Has anyone else had the same thing?
I’ve had this too, and each time it’s come on is when I had to apply the break firmly. It clears after turning the car off and back on again, fingers crossed the update will sort it out!

I’ve had this too, and each time it’s come on is when I had to apply the break firmly. It clears after turning the car off and back on again, fingers crossed the update will sort it out!
I haven't had it since then so hopefully it's fixed itself!

Ours had twice today, as I booked my car to dealer next Thursday for the oil leaking and the undertray.
We only have done 41 miles since we picked the car on 29th Nov.
I simply called them and asked them that I have one more issue need add to the list.

My car is three weeks old, and I had this fault maybe a couple of weeks ago, but it cleared itself. It reappeared yesterday and this morning when I started the car it's still there. Car seems fine otherwise.

I had it the other day. I just got out, locked the car, unlocked the car, got back in and all was OK.

I had a feeling it might happen as I noticed that the Infotainment screen was taking an age to come to life.

Yes, that's happening to me too. The infotainment screen was very slow to come on yesterday and then the fault showed up. I only drove round the corner to collect a fish supper from the chippie van, and back, and didn't think much about it.

But today the fault was still there and the infotainment screen didn't come on at all at first. I eventually drove off without the infotainment screen, as I was just moving the car across the road to give the salvage guy space to collect my old car. The infotainment screen woke up when the car started to move.

Very odd.

I'm having similar issues with random faults popping up but this is normally when the infotainment screen is being slow in loading up - I've noticed the last week the longer it takes for the infotainment screen to load, that's when random faults start appearing. But they tend to disappear if I just wait for the car to be fully loaded up before pressing the brakes to put the car in ready state. Seems like it's just a software bug.

I'll try that. I just moved the car across the road to give the salvage guy space to load up the Golf. I am currently sobbing in the corner while he takes a lot of photos before driving it away to its doom. (But, y'know, when I turned the engine on to drive it out of the garage, it was a hell of a racket!) Once he's gone I'll take my time over the start-up when I move the MG back.

I think you must be right.

When I went out to bring the car back into my own drive it woke up quite normally and the fault had disappeared. I think earlier this morning I must have been too hasty, as I probably was yesterday evening, which is why I got the fault both times. I've been used to leaping into my ICE car and setting off within a couple of seconds, but I need to re-evaluate this. Normally I wait to get the infotainment screen up so I can get rid of the dreaded LKA anyway.

In other good news, I was able to reverse the car straight into my garage with reasonable clearance either side, even without folding the wing mirrors. I don't think it's any bigger than the Golf, and the rear parking sensors and the very good visibility from the mirrors are a definite plus. (Also the fact that I had new garage doors installed in January which gave me an extra three inches clearance and removed a couple of metal strips that did for a Golf wing mirror on more than one occasion.)

I'm having similar issues with random faults popping up but this is normally when the infotainment screen is being slow in loading up - I've noticed the last week the longer it takes for the infotainment screen to load, that's when random faults start appearing. But they tend to disappear if I just wait for the car to be fully loaded up before pressing the brakes to put the car in ready state. Seems like it's just a software bug.
Yes, if you are too quick for the car you'll get some errors and Auto Hold can be one of them. Just give it a few seconds to boot before you trying doing things.

If you're regularly getting an Auto Hold fault outside of this situation then it might be binding brakes due to rust or lack of lubrication and it is worth having your garage check.

I was very careful just to sit in the car and let it do its thing next time I took it out, but it still gave me the damn auto-hold fault. However, it also informed me I'd left the tailgate unlatched. So I got out and fixed that, and just went on as normal.

That's the last time I saw the fault flagged. I was running around in the car most of the afternoon and evening because I had to rescue a friend who had had a catastrophic puncture which her tyre-inflating kit didn't have a hope of repairing, and I've lost count of the number of times I started the car over that exercise. The auto-hold was actually working because I demonstrated it to my friend when we were stuck in traffic in Edinburgh.

I think the leaving of the tailgate unlatched possibly confused its tiny computer mind.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back