Automatic closing of mirrors

I find it really annoying that you can't close the mirrors whilst driving. I'm so used to being able to close the mirrors when driving through tight gaps or down tight country lanes.
I find it really irritating.
You can close them like Mark said but you need to drive 10 mph or less.

I know they can be folded at 10MPH or less and then unfold automatically, but this is a useless feature. When going past parked cars etc or narrow country lanes I like to be able to retract them for safety.

I know they can be folded at 10MPH or less and then unfold automatically, but this is a useless feature. When going past parked cars etc or narrow country lanes I like to be able to retract them for safety.
Wow, how fast do you whiz through small gaps that need the mirrors folded ? :D

Wow, how fast do you whiz through small gaps that need the mirrors folded ? :D
The speed of the road. I know I can clear the gaps but I like retract the mirrors incase someone coming the other way decides I can't.

The speed of the road. I know I can clear the gaps but I like retract the mirrors incase someone coming the other way decides I can't.
Wouldn't it be easier to slow down when someone comes the other way, then you can fold the mirrors in ?

I've been a professional driver for years, it's irritating when people come to an almost stop to go around a parked car that they can clearly get past and it also impedes traffic flow.
Being able to fold the mirrors is just to stop oncoming cars clipping them - sometimes you get angry drivers (usually taxi's or delivery vans) veering towards you to "teach you a lesson" for impinging on their side of the road.

If people were more aware of their surroundings and the available space traffic would flow easier. It's about give and take and sharing the road space.
I would never go round a car if it caused an oncoming car to swerve out of the way etc.

I've been a professional driver for years, it's irritating when people come to an almost stop to go around a parked car that they can clearly get past and it also impedes traffic flow.
Being able to fold the mirrors is just to stop oncoming cars clipping them - sometimes you get angry drivers (usually taxi's or delivery vans) veering towards you to "teach you a lesson" for impinging on their side of the road.

If people were more aware of their surroundings and the available space traffic would flow easier. It's about give and take and sharing the road space.
I would never go round a car if it caused an oncoming car to swerve out of the way etc.
How often do you find that you need to fold your mirrors in like this?

As an ex-professional driver myself, I don't expect others to be able to drive to "professional" standards and I don't think being irritated helps much and is not really in the spirit of give and take. Patience is the best way to deal with irritating situations, not all drivers have the confidence to whiz through narrow gaps at speed and maybe they don't have folding mirrors.

How often do you find that you need to fold your mirrors in like this?

Enough that it irks me. I live in the countryside with a lot of narrow lanes so it does make a difference when some muppet in a large SUV or van comes careering round taking up most of the road.

I find it really annoying that you can't close the mirrors whilst driving. I'm so used to being able to close the mirrors when driving through tight gaps or down tight country lanes.
I find it really irritating.
Yes absolutely agree, only car I've ever had that didn't allow this

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom