Autonomous Emergency Braking unavailable

johnd973

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi All,

On occasions I get a message on the dash of my 5 LR saying something along the lines of 'Autonomous Emergency Braking Unavailable'. Anybody else get this?

The message generally goes away after the car has been turned off and back on but that's not very convenient to do when in the outside lane of a motorway ;)

I have the same issue with my ZS Exclusive and had one instance of emergency braking for no reason. Thankfully I was on a quiet road. I will contact the dealer tomorrow to see what they say.

Hi All,

On occasions I get a message on the dash of my 5 LR saying something along the lines of 'Autonomous Emergency Braking Unavailable'. Anybody else get this?

The message generally goes away after the car has been turned off and back on but that's not very convenient to do when in the outside lane of a motorway ;)
Had this a few times in our 5 LR when we first got it and was told by the dealer it happens when condensation builds up on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror (in the plastic that houses the camera). When this happens both autonomous emergency braking and headlight auto dip can stop working.

Dealer suggested turning on the aircon for a while should fix it and that seems to work.

I think when we first got the car we rarely used the aircon in an attempt to preserve battery but a couple of years in we've realised it has very little impact and it's almost always on and coincidentally haven't seen this issue for a long time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom