Bad satnav worse than no satnav

@Joningy, I am a little confused.

Are you saying that previously you got a Waze Icon in the navigation panel to the right of the Home Screen?

Or that when you pressed the Nav Icon at that position you got Waze but now only get the inbuilt SatNav?

If the answer to either of the above is Yes then that appears unusual because, afaik, the Info system does not import AA apps just uses AA to access them on the phone. Is Waze still on your phone?

When you connect your phone and start AA can you not see and select Waze from the list of available apps?

Have you tried running Waze before connecting AA?

What is your Info system version number?

I think an experiment is required tomorrow.

Yes Martin, I think you've grasped perfectly my problem.

Until a few weeks ago I had the Waze icon appear to the right of the home screen, so had a choice,
but that has disappeared.

Waze is still on my phone as normal and I've tried running Waze before I connect to AA,
perhaps I should try connecting the phone before launching Waze.

I'll check the version number tomorrow, but I'd imagine it should be up to date being ordered in Sept and delivered late October 2023.

If I cant fix it, I think a call to the main dealer I bought it from will, have to be.

One good reason in my mind to use a main dealer and not a factor like we see advertised, by TV celebs lol.

Probably because Google owns Waze, well indirectly Rolfe, I'll try Google Maps on my 4 tomorrow and report back , it's such an oddity, because I was able to get Waze up, until recently.

I know nothing. I just bought a phone that had Android Auto capability and plugged it in and was gobsmacked by how well it works. I've seen it update the status of a road based on purely the information from my own car. Unless there is a huge developing situation its predicted arrival times are uncanny.

Although I've been around computers and one of the first in the country to have a BT mobile phone the size of a suitcase in 1984, I'm still amazed at modern tech advancements, fantastic Rolfe.

Not sure if you are following my chats with @Martinonline, but he has grasped my problem Rolfe.

I'm sure we'll get it sorted somehow Ralph, it's very frustrating when something disappears suddenly.
That's why I asked the forum, but it doesn't seem to be a common problem as far as I can see.
Thanks for your input Ralph.
Perhaps someone else will come up with a solution.
Cheers again.
Best regards John.

I like it too. Didn't realise you could put via points in , I've only ever entered destination. I'll have to try that. 👍
Well I used it for the first yesterday....very a.m......
The word 'via' didn't feature.... at least it didn't because I haven't found it yet.
You start with the furthest destination, then add the next'destination closest to your actual destination

It worked.... but for Petetsfield, it took me to the town centre as my way point, rather than moving on directly to the next town.
Worked pretty well in the main.....

Well I used it for the first yesterday....very a.m......
The word 'via' didn't feature.... at least it didn't because I haven't found it yet.
You start with the furthest destination, then add the next'destination closest to your actual destination

It worked.... but for Petetsfield, it took me to the town centre as my way point, rather than moving on directly to the next town.
Worked pretty well in the main.....
Ok so can you add actual postcodes in as way points , I'm thinking so that you could add charge points in ?

I'm sure we'll get it sorted somehow Ralph, it's very frustrating when something disappears suddenly.
That's why I asked the forum, but it doesn't seem to be a common problem as far as I can see.
Thanks for your input Ralph.
Perhaps someone else will come up with a solution.
Cheers again.
Best regards John.
Perhaps re-starting the MG system will fix, just hold the home button down for approx 20 secs to re-set and re-start.

Last edited:
@Robf @Rolfe @Martinonline @AndyL61 Good morning guys, thanks so much for all your input, but I've cracked it HOORAA!
I'm delighted to say there was nothing wrong with the car at all, after resetting the home screen as @Robf suggested and still no joy, I started to look at Android Auto (AKA AA, to save confusion to new users)
I noticed AA was not highlighted when my Samsung was plugged in, I'd remembered reading way before I hade my MG4 that certain vehicles needed a very high quality USB cable to get it to operate correctly.

I changed the cable and hey presto all is now working fine again.

I will now order a new replacement cable, but I'm puzzled why it should work for several months and suddenly stop, I've now got the answer to that too, I tried charging my phone, but charges intermittently, my guess is that the tight bend in the cable as it passes through the charging dock hole has somehow damaged the cable, So the old cable is in the bin and a new one ordered from Amazon.
Thanks again for the help.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel