Bad satnav worse than no satnav

Waze is also AA-compatible, so you can use that as your satnav if you wish - you just need to install it and then load it up after you've connected to the car. :)

Always remember the one of the tourists who wanted to go to a Chelsea home game and put Stamford Bridge in the satnav and ended up 250 miles away at the one near York 🤣

Always remember the one of the tourists who wanted to go to a Chelsea home game and put Stamford Bridge in the satnav and ended up 250 miles away at the one near York 🤣
Bit like the foreign lorry driver that was going to Islington London and ended up in Ilkeston Derbyshire 🤣

Despite a lot of disgruntled people here, after 10 days with my new Trophy ER (in super Camden Grey) I am finding the satnav to be absolutely fine: it is certainly clearer to read than that on my previous Kia Niro EV and, on a frequently-made journey yesterday, directed me on the obvious and sensible route rather than the weird detour that the Kia always tried to make me use.

Despite a lot of disgruntled people here, after 10 days with my new Trophy ER (in super Camden Grey) I am finding the satnav to be absolutely fine: it is certainly clearer to read than that on my previous Kia Niro EV and, on a frequently-made journey yesterday, directed me on the obvious and sensible route rather than the weird detour that the Kia always tried to make me use.
I agree , the in built sat nav in my opinion is pretty good. It's clear , great views of motorway junctions for correct lanes etc. Equal to my last car Hyundai Ioniq.

I'm fine with the default setup actually. The Blyth Bridge thing was a bit of an anomaly, on day one.
I'm struggling getting Waze on to the car screen using Android Auto. It was OK to start with, but after looking at MG's sat nav, now it only is it stopped, it mostly just shows the inbuilt Nav system. I'd like to know how to consistently get WAZE instead of MG's (not brilliant Sat Nav). Is there perhaps a way to switch off the inbuilt system? Tried, but NOT been able to master it yet!

I'm struggling getting Waze on to the car screen using Android Auto. It was OK to start with, but after looking at MG's sat nav, now it only is it stopped, it mostly just shows the inbuilt Nav system. I'd like to know how to consistently get WAZE instead of MG's (not brilliant Sat Nav). Is there perhaps a way to switch off the inbuilt system? Tried, but NOT been able to master it yet!
The in built sat nav only works when you tap the tile for it, otherwise it doesn't do anything.

At the risk of simply repeating myself, I can't see what's wrong with the inbuilt satnav: gives sensible routes for all my journeys with a very clear layout.
I generally use the inbuilt satnav for ease, but it has taken me to the wrong part of the right town once (Google maps sorted me out) and sometimes chooses slightly longer routes than needed. On the other hand, it has diverted me a couple of times to avoid large jams on the A1. I tend to check where its taking me, which is probably sensible with all satnavs.

Am I the only person who quite likes the MG Sat Nav??
Programed a destination, plus the others en route to ensure it takes me the route I want.
Seems to work just fine!!

Am I the only person who quite likes the MG Sat Nav??
Programed a destination, plus the others en route to ensure it takes me the route I want.
Seems to work just fine!!
I like it too. Didn't realise you could put via points in , I've only ever entered destination. I'll have to try that. 👍

I use the inbuilt SatNav but I always check the route against Navmii and Google because crossing the Pennines it has twice sent me down narrow tracks and other times tried to do so. (I think to avoid busy traffic.) Recently it tried to send me the wrong way down a 1-way street.

Are you saying that if you tap the Waze app on the AA screen you get the MG SatNav?

When I plug in my phone it goes straight to Google maps - I don't have Waze.
Not exactly Martin, I don't get the Waze icon to the right of the MG screen screen, which I once got.

I can no longer get Waze (far nicer and more informative than MG's own) on the car screen, I can only get the inbuilt version.

All was OK until I recently opened the onboard system, now I cannot seem to be able to use Waze through the cars' screen.

I'm wondering if I can reset anything on my MG4 trophy.
Its really annoying and bugging me.

The in built sat nav only works when you tap the tile for it, otherwise it doesn't do anything.
Waze is superior to most regular sat nav systems in several areas and it's free.
"Its a community-driven navigation app created by an Israeli company and acquired by Google in 2013.
Waze uses real-time data from the app's users to provide the best route to the user's destination, taking into account accidents, traffic jams, speed traps, construction, and other obstacles that could slow down a driver" (Info taken from Investopedia)
I've used it for years, some others should at least give it a try, they'll soon see how useful the regular data updates are, including potholes in the road, accidents, obstacles in the road and broken down vehicles.
But all this doesn't help me solve my problem of not being able to show it on the car's screen through Android Auto!

The ordinary Google Maps satnav that comes up on Android Auto seems to do that too.
Probably because Google owns Waze, well indirectly Rolfe, I'll try Google Maps on my 4 tomorrow and report back , it's such an oddity, because I was able to get Waze up, until recently.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back