Balance charge MG5

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Why does the car say 100% Finished when it's still balancing, drawing about 400W as indicated by the green light on my Pod Point charger and on my Smart meter monitor ?
Shouldn't there be an indication from the car that it's balancing ?

Why does the car say 100% Finished when it's still balancing, drawing about 400W as indicated by the green light on my Pod Point charger and on my Smart meter monitor ?
Shouldn't there be an indication from the car that it's balancing ?
Yes, crazy.

Update: I left it connected to the Pod Point and about 2-3 hours after it had said, "100% finished" I noticed on my smart meter monitor the draw had dropped down to about 200W (residual use) and I went outside and checked the Pod Point and the green light was now flashing, indicating connected but not charging. I pressed the door button (without the key) and the car now said, "100% uncharging" or something similar, so it did give me an indication that the balancing had finished. (y)

OK so what impact was there on the HV voltage? What is the max voltage of a properly balanced MG5 HV battery? ZS is 450v I think?

I have same problem went back to cazoo service thy said there was nothing wrong with it.its happing again 12v battery low reafur to handbook.

I have same problem went back to cazoo service thy said there was nothing wrong with it.its happing again 12v battery low reafur to handbook.
The 12v battery shouldn't stop the HV battery doing a balance after to has got to 100%.
What problems are you having?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom