Toadroy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
  1. I have had a Long Range trophy MGEV 4 since May 2023. I have a home charager and I just charge to 80% of capacity. I notice that some posters refer to a Balancing Charge whch is supposed to be done every 6 months or so.What is this and how do I activate it.

Set it to a 100% charge. It will balance if it needs to, once its reached to 100%. It won't tell you it has done a balance. But you can see if it is doing it (when it's happening) by checking the app towards the end of the planned charge time. If its reached 100% and is still drawing power (at a low power, not 7kW) for the next 30 minutes to an hour or so, then its balancing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Set it to a 100% charge. It will balance if it needs to, once its reached to 100%. It won't tell you it has done a balance. But you can see if it is doing it (when it's happening) by checking the app towards the end of the planned charge time. If its reached 100% and is still drawing power (at a low kw, not 7kw ) for the next 30 minutes to an hour or so, then its balancing.
Thanks for the information.

Upvote 0
If you do a fair amount of rapid charging then try and balance monthly.
Once it reaches 100% it will draw a few hundred watts until complete just leave it over night.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom