Base SE SR model questions

502BBC

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
(First post, thanks), I got me and my dad a Tesla MYP, just last month I’ve gotten in to EV’s and wanted to get rid of our petrol Clio fleet for MG4 comfort sr for my employees. This being the only model imported for Turkey, I couldn’t find a single MY2023 with rear wipers in MG lot. I don’t care about the rear wiper tbh, it’s just to confirm that I don’t get a phase 1 with potential oil leak issues. (After sales support is unbelievably bad here in Turkey) From what I’ve read the phase 2 is a better car than older versions as is the case with every car.

I plan on buying the car (+taxes it comes to 45k usd) and plan(!) on using it till 7 year warranty expires. I want to buy one as an experimental introductory to MG before ordering 5 more in near future.

My question is should I bite the bullet with a phase 1 car, one pedal driving seems like a necessity with EV’s for me, furthermore phase 2 seems like it would depreciate less than of phase 1’s.
Also I’m stuck between Andres gray and black, sun is almost always up and don’t want the interior cooking as it possibly might lead to the infotainment malfunctioning. During summer my black Tesla with full tints hits +40*C inside.

Selam, I would recommend ensuring you have the Phase 2, also white is cheapest and best colour for Turkey

My SE SR was built in early January this year and although it has the undertray problem it has never had an oil leak. I think the oil leaks were all fixed. I don't miss the real wiper except out of habit.

I don't think the differences between the original model and the updated one are all that significant, to be honest. I plan on keeping my car for more than the seven year warranty, and I don't have any great worries that it's one of the original design.

The car is great to drive and the aircon makes it very comfortable in full sun (OK, Scottish sun, so bear that in mind, but it really is nice.) The standard colours of white and light blue are classy, why pay more? And surely white is best in a hot climate? I think your employees will love the car, and be very grateful to their considerate boss!

Selam, I would recommend ensuring you have the Phase 2, also white is cheapest and best colour for Turkey
A. Selam, thanks for the advice, although white color makes most sense, because I will occasionally transport clients with these cars its best to keep it dark colored as it "feels" more premium. The ligher colored Medal Silver looked best imo on the sunny day I visited MG dealer, but it is what it is, either black or dark gray.

Also do you have any info regarding the production dates of phase 2 for base SR? The 2023 versions here at local MG appears to be missing the middle headrest and wiper which led me to believe they are phase 1 versions produced early 2023.

A. Selam, thanks for the advice, although white color makes most sense, because I will occasionally transport clients with these cars its best to keep it dark colored as it "feels" more premium. The ligher colored Medal Silver looked best imo on the sunny day I visited MG dealer, but it is what it is, either black or dark gray.

Also do you have any info regarding the production dates of phase 2 for base SR? The 2023 versions here at local MG appears to be missing the middle headrest and wiper which led me to believe they are phase 1 versions produced early 2023.
I was hoping they would have updated the SE SR. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago 😭

Honestly, unless you really need to carry three adults in the back, the central headrest is nothing but a nuisance. And the rear wiper isn't necessary. And if you have a central headrest you won't be able to see the rear windscreen anyway, wiped or not!

Honestly, unless you really need to carry three adults in the back, the central headrest is nothing but a nuisance. And the rear wiper isn't necessary. And if you have a central headrest you won't be able to see the rear windscreen anyway, wiped or not!
I get that thank you and I'm not bothered about either of these. I read somewhere that the new SR will have a rear camera and heated front seats which will definitely be nice additions but oh well let's see what happens.

Dunno. If it does, I would expect the price to be higher. I don't actually like rear cameras, and I find the sensors on the SE really excellent. Heated seats are nice, but if you can pre-heat the entire car they're less essential.

They didn't increase the price in europe so hopefully same in the UK. I get you but still free extras are nice wether you use them or not haha

If you're keen to get the newer model, why not talk to your dealer? It could probably be arranged, although you might have to wait a bit longer, and be careful to check what the price would be.

Just sharing the idea here and getting people's opinions if they are in a similar situation

Well, I got mine in April and I'm not bothered about not getting anything I've heard is included in the new model. The things I want fixed still aren't fixed!

But the thing to do is probably talk to your dealer. Whatever he says might help you make up your mind. If he says you could have a new one but you'd need to wait, and you feel you'd rather wait, that tells you that you want it.

Dunno. If it does, I would expect the price to be higher. I don't actually like rear cameras, and I find the sensors on the SE really excellent. Heated seats are nice, but if you can pre-heat the entire car they're less essential.
I heard this was just in Europe

With regard the 3rd headrest, do you actually need any in the back? Never used to be any, but since they did get them most cars have 3, I probably have the smallest rear window (in terms of height) have a third head rest and a rear wiper and it's not that impactive on visibility.
If I'm being honest on a hatchback I'd much rather have a wiper than not, for reasons I previously mentioned. As people mentioned you don't need need it when your moving but there are certain scenarios when it's handy. They haven't went to the bother of adding it for no reason, it has to be from feedback.

The oil leak hasn't been mentioned in weeks we can speculate on the reason it's no longer happening, certainly isn't 900mls of oil in there anymore

I think they're going by comments from people just looking at the car. Oh, it hasn't got a rear wiper, that's weird! If they were paying attention to people actually driving the things they'd be sorting out the software glitches as priority.

Maybe they think the rear wiper and headrest will sell more cars to people who won't find out about the software glitches until after they've parted with their money.

I think they're going by comments from people just looking at the car. Oh, it hasn't got a rear wiper, that's weird! If they were paying attention to people actually driving the things they'd be sorting out the software glitches as priority.

Maybe they think the rear wiper and headrest will sell more cars to people who won't find out about the software glitches until after they've parted with their money.
Certainly sounds like something MG would do

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 533 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel