Battery degradation

Car scanner gives the same soh

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-15-10-31-32-479_com.ovz.carscanner.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-15-10-31-32-479_com.ovz.carscanner.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 215
Your voltages don't seem to be any different to mine or several others, who have 100% SoH.

Clearly the SOH is not calculated based on the fully charged voltages.
We still really have no idea though how it calculates the SOH unfortunately, we can only totally speculate.

That is why I was wondering about the resistance figure, I've not seen and collected this data from people before, so can't comment if this could be related somehow.

I do wonder if the voltages could be used to set a known voltage range, the computer then figures out how much power (kWh) it obtained from the battery over that voltage range.
They will have a known battery capacity voltage curve for the cells used. Therefore on a new battery, they know that if it is discharged from X voltage down to X voltage, how much power will be obtained from it.
The computer constantly knows how much power is being pulled from the battery (it also knows how much is put back in from regen to subtract that amount), if it keeps track of this in regard to what the voltage goes from/to, it could then compare this to what is expected from a new battery.

It is very hard to keep track of the originally stored battery power used, as unlike on some other cars we don't get shown how much was regenerated in the trip computer.
I'm not sure how/if this data can be obtained from all the known OBD2 queries.

Your voltages don't seem to be any different to mine or several others, who have 100% SoH.

Clearly the SOH is not calculated based on the fully charged voltages.
We still really have no idea though how it calculates the SOH unfortunately, we can only totally speculate.

That is why I was wondering about the resistance figure, I've not seen and collected this data from people before, so can't comment if this could be related somehow.

I do wonder if the voltages could be used to set a known voltage range, the computer then figures out how much power (kWh) it obtained from the battery over that voltage range.
They will have a known battery capacity voltage curve for the cells used. Therefore on a new battery, they know that if it is discharged from X voltage down to X voltage, how much power will be obtained from it.
The computer constantly knows how much power is being pulled from the battery (it also knows how much is put back in from regen to subtract that amount), if it keeps track of this in regard to what the voltage goes from/to, it could then compare this to what is expected from a new battery.

It is very hard to keep track of the originally stored battery power used, as unlike on some other cars we don't get shown how much was regenerated in the trip computer.
I'm not sure how/if this data can be obtained from all the known OBD2 queries.
I posted mine this morning please see the attached, doing a full charge and full equalisation process tonight, my GOM range now displays 160 range in Normal; used to show 163…that said nearly 20000 miles completed in a year and three months

Attachments

• 7D563441-46EA-44DE-8760-D1EECF0B698D.jpeg
    7D563441-46EA-44DE-8760-D1EECF0B698D.jpeg
    380 KB · Views: 196
  • C949A41F-5AEA-4435-A927-2DB4AC6E80AF.jpeg
    C949A41F-5AEA-4435-A927-2DB4AC6E80AF.jpeg
    444.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 6120DF6E-54C6-4D58-B112-9284E7558677.jpeg
    6120DF6E-54C6-4D58-B112-9284E7558677.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 202
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video