Battery health going down!

Did a trip to Bristol and back yesterday in eco with no heating on

73 miles

27% battery used

2.7 miles per 1 percent

@96% charge it guessed I would travel a total of 265miles

Not too bad tbh

Grabbing a charge on a cheap rate is what it’s all about and that great.
The issue I am referring too is the constant topping up of the battery, when only a few miles has been covered and why ?.
Not really good practice for long term battery health, if you intend to keep the car for a while.
Probably expect to drive an average of 60 or so miles a day. Had planned nightly charge then to bring it back to the 80%....

Thought I’d add my last 6 months SoH drop to this thread. First picture is 1/11/2023 and second is today with roughly 5,000 miles between them. The drop is 3.68% which equates to 7.36% per year or 8.832% per 12,000 miles. With three years of battery warranty remaining it looks like I should get a new battery out of MG!

Most of my charging is at 2.3kW to 80% at home and about 20 charges have been rapid ones.

At my last service in January the dealer reported 92% SoH so the drop over the past three months has been particularly rapid.

IMG_5329.png
IMG_5817.png

Thought I’d add my last 6 months SoH drop to this thread. First picture is 1/11/2023 and second is today with roughly 5,000 miles between them. The drop is 3.68% which equates to 7.36% per year or 8.832% per 12,000 miles. With three years of battery warranty remaining it looks like I should get a new battery out of MG!

Most of my charging is at 2.3kW to 80% at home and about 20 charges have been rapid ones.

At my last service in January the dealer reported 92% SoH so the drop over the past three months has been particularly rapid.

View attachment 26319View attachment 26320
How does one run that report?

Thanks. Must get hold of that so - although hopefully it won't upset me in case the SoH is poor.
Does it matter which dongle?
Don’t think it matters but I use this one. It turns itself off after a short time so can be left plugged in without draining the 12V battery.

Vgate icar 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Must get hold of that so - although hopefully it won't upset me in case the SoH is poor.
Does it matter which dongle?
I use one of these, gave it a go for about £2 .. + car scanner app or eZS app (both free)

p.s. don't allow it to take over your life...😅

It would be interesting to know, if both of the above dongles mentioned, are compatible with both Gen1 and Gen2 models of the ZS EV and on what operating systems ( Apple IOS or Android ) - Thanks.

It would be interesting to know, if both of the above dongles mentioned, are compatible with both Gen1 and Gen2 models of the ZS EV and on what operating systems ( Apple IOS or Android ) - Thanks.
The blue one above (I call it blue because there seem to be tons of the same model with different stickers/names) is so cheap that I would just go ahead and buy it to try. I used it once some time ago, works on ZS Mk2 2022 with free version of car scanner. For whatever reason, didn't work with eZS. With mine, I got mini-CD with some windows software which I didn't bother with (traction, I think and one more)

There are lot of posts about these OBD 2 readers on the forum

I'm very happy with my battery health and range ...Today I had a new record on range ... It's a 22 LR with over 64k miles on the odometer ... I never take any extra care while charging ... But what I may only say I always drive very soft and smooth ...

Attachments

• 20240510_204709.jpg
    20240510_204709.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
The blue one above (I call it blue because there seem to be tons of the same model with different stickers/names) is so cheap that I would just go ahead and buy it to try. I used it once some time ago, works on ZS Mk2 2022 with free version of car scanner. For whatever reason, didn't work with eZS. With mine, I got mini-CD with some windows software which I didn't bother with (traction, I think and one more)

There are lot of posts about these OBD 2 readers on the forum
And you are running on either IOS ( Apple ) or Android ?.
This is all useful information for anybody who is looking at :-

( A ) Purchasing a suitable blue tooth dongle device, that is fully compatible with the model of their car, who wishes to then have the ability to independently check the SOH of their traction battery.

( B ) Then maybe compare the SOH results received, with any figures that maybe provided by the dealership at the time of the normal annual service time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom