Battery Heater - MG5 LR Exclusive

EVsince2016

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have tried turning on my battery heater on many occasions over time by going to the battery screen in the menu and clicking always on, but it always switches directly back to off.

In the summer I guessed this was because it was too warm, but now at well below freezing it still doesn't switch on.

I want to actually use it before going to a rapid!

Any ideas? These old threads have ideas but not answers! My SOC was under 50% and it was minus 2C out.

My LR isn't an exclusive and it also just switches itself off again every time I've tried it...

Two MG5 LRs - one of each trim - worked on neither.

Last edited:
Yep LR exclusive..same here tried today, as I was on a Pulse 150kwh charger charging at 22kwh..not quite what I expected

Is it actually fitted in the UK? Or is it just in the software for other regions that do.

I asked James at Cleverley and his works on his MG5 LR. He got me to reboot the infotainments & mine still didn't work.

Fix = software update at dealer is his best guess.

Mine actually used to work, but I believe since they updated the software for the ker3 it's busted

Just for comparison mine still works after the kers3 update. I switch it on 5-20 mins before rapid charging and it stays on and noticeably improves the speed when i get there. It switches off if the car is out of ready mode for more than a couple of minutes. I have also been able to see its working when stationary by looking at the voltage and current screen when I flip the switch on. I should add mg5 lr excite.

Mine has always worked when in ready mode as well as when you start the car while ac charging.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom