Battery percentage levels dropping several times on yesterdays journey...

smoked

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So went from Lancashire to London on a day trip. full charge from home.

got to Cambridge services on a14 charged the car to 80 odd percent using the ionity. and drove off.
a nice steady pace between 60/70 mph within a few miles maybe 10-15 miles the charge dropped down to the mid 60's. the mileage possible didnt drop too much

on the way back home did the same thing - charged it to 90% using the same service station.

this time i kept a close eye on it and reset the speedo for the current journey. both times the consumption was around 3.6kwh/m

on the way back it was good till we got up the a1 around worksop the percentage dropped again by about 10-15%

i ended up going for a quick top up boost just in case .

has this happened to anyone else?

one final thing that happened was that i got home there was 16% left - got in the car this morning 3%

this happened a few weeks ago too on a similar trip to london and back - left the car 10% and in the morning it was completely dead.

normally the battery levels stay the same overnight so it seems it has something to do with the long distance journey.

any idea's whats causing this?

I've seen this on my ZS-T-LR and think it's related to the battery temperature being lower when it's been standing overnight.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom