Battery soh

Shippo

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, I've just checked my battery soh and it is 99.31% after 12078 miles, so I have lost 1.2 miles of range which is nothing,I'm well pleased

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210810-172118_ZS EV.jpg
    Screenshot_20210810-172118_ZS EV.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 275
I got a plug in device for my MG5 but can only find the ZS app.
Seems to get some information but not all.
Not sure if it is the app not compatible or my small dongle😁

Hi, I've just checked my battery soh and it is 99.31% after 12078 miles, so I have lost 1.2 miles of range which is nothing,I'm well pleased
Excellent. I get 99.39% at 15500 miles using the same app. The car is 19 months old. bodes well for longevity.

For reference, I mainly slow charge at home, think I've rapid charged a total of about 8 times so far

Which obd device do you use?
This one from Amazon
I got a plug in device for my MG5 but can only find the ZS app.
Seems to get some information but not all.
Not sure if it is the app not compatible or my small dongle😁

Excellent. I get 99.39% at 15500 miles using the same app. The car is 19 months old. bodes well for longevity.

For reference, I mainly slow charge at home, think I've rapid charged a total of about 8 times so far
Yes, I plan to keep the car long term, so very impressed, coming from a leaf, which was 80% at 50000 miles. I have never rapid charged just 7kw home charging.

Attachments

• 20210810_184456.jpg
    20210810_184456.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 229
This one from Amazon

Yes, I plan to keep the car long term, so very impressed, coming from a leaf, which was 80% at 50000 miles. I have never rapid charged just 7kw home charging.
😊 Thanks

Yeah - I've got an iPhone but use my Lenovo Tab which runs Android to run the monitoring apps.

Cheers

Bloggsy
Can I ask, what OBD is a commonly used for the ZS EV ( link please ) and is it hard to get up and running ?.
What do you need to do regarding the Samsung tablet please ????.
If it is fairly simple, I may just invest in one to satisfy my curiosity / OCD problem 🤣.

If you want to use the "Thai" app, best not to get the latest type, Bluetooth LE. The Thai app doesn't support it.

Check the Resources topics for specific recommendations. It's really easy to get the wrong one, unfortunately.

Can I ask, what OBD is a commonly used for the ZS EV ( link please ) and is it hard to get up and running ?.
What do you need to do regarding the Samsung tablet please ????.
If it is fairly simple, I may just invest in one to satisfy my curiosity / OCD problem 🤣.
I got this "Power2" one a few years back, £5 on Ebay IIRC, works fine.
OBD2.jpg

Does that one work with the Thai app though? From the Resources topic:

Bluetooth OBD2 device with ATPPS 1.1
- cost £5 to £20.
Some people reporting instability and errors in recordings best to purchase OBD2 device with PIC18F25K80 chipset.

- cost £5 to £20.
Some people reporting instability and errors in recordings best to purchase OBD2 device with PIC18F25K80 chipset.
Can anybody recommend ( link ) a know working / comparable device please ?.
Oh …. And which App is the most stable and reliable to use.

Can anybody recommend ( link ) a know working / comparable device please ?.
Oh …. And which App is the most stable and reliable to use.
I purchased this last year (for some reason the Amazon link doesn't work) so search this or just OBD2 in general.

Vgate Bianco-verde Bluetooth3.0 OBD2 Code Reader​

and use the app 'Car Scanner ELM OBD2' this is free but after a number of uses asks you to watch a advert to get more free uses. I purchased it (at £2.99 I think) and created my own dashboard. Very stable and always connects first time.
I found the other recommended one (link below) to be unstable with this OBD dongle.

Working mobile phone app (Android only)
👇DOWNLOAD👇

v1.2.1 out 02.03.21

👆DOWNLOAD👆

- cost £5 to £20.
I don't have the Thai app, I just have the ZS EV app from this forum.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom