Belgian MG4 owners using this forum? Main differences?

DeMille

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
A Belgian MG is imported by MG BELUX Pierstraat 229 2550 Kontich België. It is off coarse a left hand drive as Belgians drive and park at the right hand side of the road. Also in China they drive at the right hand side. So, why the MG4 imported in Belux has the charging port at the left side, the wrong side for safe use? What other comments can be made regarding the BELUX model which at first sight do not seem very logical?

Hello, I don't think that the side of the charging port has anything to do with the left or right hand drive of the car.
You may have one way streets with chargers on one or the other side of the road. By the way, there are other LHD cars having the charging port on the left side.
Personally, I find that it is better having it on the back left, which allows easier access to tesla super chargers, which have a quite short cable.

My ICE Audi has its filler cap on the RHS ;).
The petrol station has cars at both sides of the pumps (but to the left of the pump seems to be more popular).

Hello, I don't think that the side of the charging port has anything to do with the left or right hand drive of the car.
You may have one way streets with chargers on one or the other side of the road. By the way, there are other LHD cars having the charging port on the left side.
Personally, I find that it is better having it on the back left, which allows easier access to tesla super chargers, which have a quite short cable.
Talking about normal 7 or 11 kw chargers made available in the city, those chargers logically are on the right hand side of the road using a LHD; in Belgium it is NOT allowed to park in the direction against the traffic. The charging cable must be at least 3 m longer as necessary with the charging point on the wrong side of the car and the plug sticking out 25 cm along the busy traffic side of the street. Not mensioning the risk for losing your trowsers everytime you have to plug in or out.

Same here in France , it did not even occur to me when I ordered mine, but then again I did not think of on street charging.
If you could put a video of on you tube when you lose your keks ! could be worth a load of hits, ( bad pun )

Any MG4 has its charging port on the left hand side - regardless if it's a LHD or RHD model. Same story for any Tesla - or Alfa Romeo. It's just the manufacturer's choice.
Some models on the front. Better for street charging but certainly no less dangerous in the event of an accident, and than the high repair costs. Insurance companies are already taking this into account. Also with the location of censors, cameras, etc... and in the end it is the buyer who pays too much for the poor choice of some manufacturers.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 520 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back