Best Mobile Phone Holder for MG ZS EV

Ray1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I haven't used a mobile phone holder in my ZS EV as I normally just plug it in and lay it in the space in front of the Mode Kers and Battery switches. I was just wondering what solutions you fellow owners have to secure your mobile and if possible an idea of cost and where best to buy them, thanks.

I haven't used a mobile phone holder in my ZS EV as I normally just plug it in and lay it in the space in front of the Mode Kers and Battery switches. I was just wondering what solutions you fellow owners have to secure your mobile and if possible an idea of cost and where best to buy them, thanks.
Hello @Ray1
What are you looking to get out of your mobile phone holder if you are able to use the space in front of Kers switches?

My phone is slightly too big to sit in that space and is marking the black plastic of the car. I also have a couple of apps I would normally keep on my phone but I can't get them onto the car info screen.

I bought 1 from B&M, works fine, suction to screen.. My phone is permanently in this when I am in the car. It sits in the bottom right of the windscreen. Easy to glance at for Satnav.
I have tried using Satnav etc. on an infotainment screen in various cars (inc ZS EV) but do not like having to look down and left (away from the road) to see anything.
I just use the Bluetooth link to the car for anything that needs it.

My phone is slightly too big to sit in that space and is marking the black plastic of the car. I also have a couple of apps I would normally keep on my phone but I can't get them onto the car info screen.
I have the same problem. Phone too big.

I use this - my phone just fits because the case includes space for the pen.

Amazon product ASIN B08Q3JJ727

Amazon product ASIN B073PD7HR5
I've been using this clip for years in my cars. They bring your sat nav right below your eyeline of the road ahead so you never have to look away from the road. Quite a few people have been in my car, seen how good this clip is and then bought one for themselves.

Thanks, @Ray1
I use the space under the center console as I have a big phone. I do not have any apps that I cannot beam onto the screen using Android Auto so I am happy to continue doing so.

Before switching to ZS EV(was in a car without android auto) I was using a phone holder (suction cup style on the glass first, later moved to dash). It worked fine and I had no complaints except the fact that the phone would get super hot in summer on long drives. On few occasions, the phone switched itself off when the temp exceeded a certain threshold. As long as you avoid exposing the phone to direct sunlight you should be ok.
I have used the ones that clip onto AC vents in past. They do the job very well, only I managed to damage the AC vent when unplugging my phone. I suppose I am a bit clumsy and could have been more careful.
Never tried the one @SCB86 suggested, but it looks good.

I'm being 'that' guy .... please don't use your phone while driving, try to make a habit of not using apps that don't support android-auto/carplay (or pull over if you need to do anything else)

Been using one of these for a while. If memory serves, it came from Asda.
IMG-20210728-WA0005.jpg

Even though its a QI pad, and it is plugged in, the phone defaults to cable charging when I plug I in. I keep it because its a fairly solid mount, and it still allows charging if I decide not to plug it in, or if someone else wants to use the mount.

Also, it's handy for using the apps like Car Scanner or EV Watchdog.

IMG-20210728-WA0006.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom