Best Navigation Apple for Apple CarPlay?

Knuttt

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi everyone

Title says it all really. I have traditionally used Waze and TomTom app on my phone and Calimoto for the motorbike of course but this is the first time using CarPlay and first electric car.

I can see a subscription to Zap-Map is required to use CarPlay which is understandable but just get her options at the moment.

Thanks in Advance

Andy

I am picking up my first EV friday. I tend to use Waze at the moment as I love its rerouting and the police notifications (just to wave, I wouldn't speed obviously) and will probably add chargepoints to my favourites in there as I find ones which suit my normal routes

I've tried tomtom on Android and it's ok, better by far for voice control than the stand alone models. It's also pretty cheap even with a few add ons (speed cameras, live traffic, charge points etc.)

Thanks guys.
In the end I went for the trial week on Zap-Map premium to get the CarPlay mode having saved a route to bring me back through the Peak District only to find when selecting it, it defaults to Apple maps and using the motorway. 😝🤬😡
Waze worked the rest of the way perfectly though…

More investigations required I think .

Andy

On my bike I used a Garmin Navigator, which I still have as it allows me to plan routes in Basecamp and use in another vehicle without satnav. There is a post on here somewhere where someone was clever enough to alter the satnav files to be able to plot waypoints in the in-built satnav on the ZS.

In the car I default to the built in satnav - it's not bad once you get used to it - then Apple Maps and the like. For some reason I've not used Waze, probably because I already have a lot of navigations apps as it is! IMHO the Zap Map sub charge is a tad expensive.

I think Waze days are numbered, I believe Facebook now owns it and adverts are starting to get annoying.

I think Waze days are numbered, I believe Facebook now owns it and adverts are starting to get annoying.
As far as I know Waze is still owned by Google. It trials stuff in Waze before implementing into Google Maps if good.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom