Best place to sell my MG 5

Sold my Mercedes C Class on Cazoo (to buy the MG5) Good price quoted - absolutely no messing about with the price quoted. By that, I mean, they didn't scrutinise every wee stone chip and try to knock down the price - none of that nonsense. Pleasant sales transaction - Money in bank within a couple of hours. Brilliant - in my opinion. Hope this helps you with your decision
How do you find the gear ratio on your Mg, my lower gears are running high in my opinion

Out of interest I tried Motorway,We Buy any Car and Cazoo this last week. Cazoo were the best by £1k. Actually offered me £850 more than I paid for it new! Strange times.

I also sold my MG zs exclusive to Cazoo for £1000 less than I paid for it 2 years and 30,000 miles ago. Was in and out in 15 minutes with the money in my account, no haggling. Brilliant service. I was offered a Trophy connect at very short notice, so was pleased with the result from Cazoo.

1-2-3-4 manual . I know this is EV forum but mine is petrol. Just wondered if any petrol heads knew
Ah OK, no problem, but I can't help with that, I'm sure others may be able to.

It says you are driving an MG ZS EV on your profile to the left which confused me :)

I love my MG5 LR (blue), but I'm starting a new job in August which comes with a company car, forcing me to sell my MG5.

I went to my local MG garage who quoted £22,600, whilst Cazoo offered £24,450. (I've done 8,000 miles and it's a 71 plate)

I'm just wondering if anyone else has used Cazoo to sell their car, or if you can recommend another way of selling. It's currently on PCP so I imagine privately selling is more trick.

Any help appreciated!
I will buy it
I have just purchased a mg 5 but my garage is desperate for stick especially electric I recently tried using motorway it was a really bad experience and I'm in the trade

I will buy it
I have just purchased a mg 5 but my garage is desperate for stick especially electric I recently tried using motorway it was a really bad experience and I'm in the trade
Great, if you're serious then pop me a message! I'm using it until the end of the month but more than happy to go through details with you

I sold my X1 through Cazoo and they were brilliant. Saw the car, moved it 2m forwards, 2m back then said yes they'd have it if I still wanted to sell. I said yes, he pressed a button on his iPad and the money was in my account there and then. They took it away and I shed a little tear as I had to wait 6 months for my MG5 to be delivered! I kept checking the price they were offering for the X1 and it plummeted not long after so I sold right at the peak. Cannot recommend them highly enough!

I love my MG5 LR (blue), but I'm starting a new job in August which comes with a company car, forcing me to sell my MG5.

I went to my local MG garage who quoted £22,600, whilst Cazoo offered £24,450. (I've done 8,000 miles and it's a 71 plate)

I'm just wondering if anyone else has used Cazoo to sell their car, or if you can recommend another way of selling. It's currently on PCP so I imagine privately selling is more trick.

Any help appreciated!

Hi Alex congratulations on the new job.

Thought I had posted this earlier but must have had a senior moment and not hit send.

Have you checked out your tax liability with the company car? We are swapping over to electric cars now and the guys waiting for them are complaining that the deliveries being late are costing them £400-700 per month in income tax, compared to what they will pay with the electric cars. The cars are fully financed and with a fuel card for personal use which puts the tax up a lot (that's why I didn't have a ICE company vehicle as I don't do sufficient mileage.) My issue with the wait is still paying my lease and worrying that the car won't arrive before the end of my lease extension!

Obviously, it depends on your payments for your car and costs of ancilliaries and electricity etc. and the ease of life if fleet have to deal with the admin.

Hi Alex congratulations on the new job.

Thought I had posted this earlier but must have had a senior moment and not hit send.

Have you checked out your tax liability with the company car? We are swapping over to electric cars now and the guys waiting for them are complaining that the deliveries being late are costing them £400-700 per month in income tax, compared to what they will pay with the electric cars. The cars are fully financed and with a fuel card for personal use which puts the tax up a lot (that's why I didn't have a ICE company vehicle as I don't do sufficient mileage.) My issue with the wait is still paying my lease and worrying that the car won't arrive before the end of my lease extension!

Obviously, it depends on your payments for your car and costs of ancilliaries and electricity etc. and the ease of life if fleet have to deal with the admin.
Annoyingly there aren't any electric ones available through work from the options I've been given, but even with the tax and current fuel costs it will be cheaper than my lease and electric for the MG5. I get to pick another car in November so hopefully there will be an electric available then & hopefully the lead time won't be too great.

We've got the choice of the MG5 or taking the cash alternative. This has pissed off a lot of people as we were sold the electric dream with the id3 on a 4 month wait, then they announced that VW would take too long so we were getting the MG5 and had a day and a half to make up our minds. Now the June delivery has slipped to Autumn.
It seems most people said I'll get my own car thanks! They would be changing from an Audi A3 which is quite sleek and desirable to an estate car with early 2000's styling, not really what the majority of the young blokes I work with want to be seen in! I'm only having it because I'm north of 40 and have a yound son and his stuff to move about!
Although in the new T&Cs for the car allowance rule out anything too fun as you can only have a car that emits 140g of CO2 per km and it has to be NCAP 4 star (which the MG5 isn't!)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom