Binding second phone with the app

I remember that too, although I used email address so no SMS needed.

Edit: I think that was because you needed to drop the leading '0' and people did not realise.
Thank.... this is what I did once I saw your post and Bob's my uncle an sms arrived... I tell you in this day and age the quality of some software is crazy.... apps with a decent developer would have just ignored the leading 0...

Hello, hoping some one on here can help please, my phone broke so have a replacement phone but the app is still bound to the old one. How do I transfer the bonding seeing as I can’t unbind on old phone please

The old phone has nothing to do with it, zilch, zero. It was just a tool to set up the link between the app and the car vin. You should be able to download the app on your new phone and log in with your existing user id and password. Have you tried that?

Last edited:
Hello, hoping some one on here can help please, my phone broke so have a replacement phone but the app is still bound to the old one. How do I transfer the bonding seeing as I can’t unbind on old phone please

Do not worry. This happened to me and it was simple. Do nothing. Just download the app on to your new phone, re-enter the password and so on, and everything will keep going as it always did, but on the new phone.

The car is bound to your phone number, not the actual handset.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back