Binding Trophy Connect to iSMART app

Lilac ZS

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Does anyone know how to bind my ZS Trophy Connect to the iSMART app? Both my car and my app are logged into my account; however the app does not recognise my car. I go to bind the car to the app, the app asks me to scan the QR code on the car but I cannot find a QR code.

I have followed those instructions, once I’ve scanned the QR code the car logs into my account but does not bind to the app. The app asks me to scan the QR code (again) but there isn’t one.

Have you tried any of the solutions here:

Yes, I have tried that too - the bind tab isn’t on the trophy connect (the menu goes straight from privacy to user manual). I think this clip is on a trophy model. Totally stumped!

I thought you were looking for the QR code in the car - at about 1:30 into the linked video, he shows how to do that on a Connect model. That doesn't come up for you at all?

Initially and that logs the car into my account but it doesn’t bind it to the app - so my app doesn’t recognise the car despite being logged into the same account. The app then asks me to scan the QR code to bind that car to the app but at that stage there isn’t a QR code. Something seems to be going wrong in the first step.

So in the car user menu, you have a blank screen and no QR? 😕

Maybe someone else has had this issue and can comment, if none of the existing solutions help at all.

ETA: Could be worth posting a screenshot of what you actually do see instead of a QR in that user menu screen

Last edited:
Thank you.
No worries. If you sort the issue in the interim, do let us know how you did it! Quite a few people will be getting the Connect version and would find it useful...especially as it's meant to be more straightforward (no need for a 'bind' tab) on this trim.

It might be yes - I bought a demonstrator as my delivery date keeps going out and I’ve sold my car. Do you know what I do about that?
Stupidly enough I think it needs to be un/de dind from the phone and not the car some one on here had the same problem where dealer uninstall app but did not unregister
I should be wrong cos the master should be the car but common Sense and all that?

Sorry thinking about it there must be a reset in the menu somewhere
And you can confirm you have registered the app?
One more thing someone found pluging in car with usb help with something to do with the app?
That's my grey matter used 🤔

It’s pretty much certain that all of the I-Connect Demo models, would have been paired to one of the sales team, prior to showing off the features to customers !.
There must be a way of unbinding this persons phone from the car surely ?.
It is my understanding that only one phone can be attached to the car at any one time.
There must be a facility in the head unit to do this ?.
What if the owner upgrades / replaces his or her phone ?.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom