Binding Trophy Connect to iSMART app

Hello everybody! I'm a bit desperate.. a function that I wanted to have like this application, and it turns out that it doesn't work for me.. the account is created without problems, the qr in the car appears without problems, the account in the car is activated without problems …but the phone app doesn't receive any data from the car!! because??
E2049401-8583-4628-95A0-33602E2D3255.png
25525EC9-02AE-4BEC-818D-B10CCFA61D1F.jpeg

I think I have tried everything I could, factory reset the screen, do the activation before and after the bluetoth, with the usb cable connected and without it... I am running out of options...

I have found the problem! turns out there was a problem with the 4g connection.

I tell you, the car DID receive information, both from transit and Amazon, everything worked ok. when i smart was activated, the car received the login data, but the app did not receive any data from the car, as if the communication was unidirectional, only receiving without sending... it doesn't make much sense, I know, but that looked like.

I connected the car to a stable wifi, and I saw how the 4G logo of the car disappeared and reappeared. I retried to link it, and magically the app worked! even turning off the wifi making it work on 4G, it still worked. apparently some kind of reset of the car's internet was necessary. I hope this information will be useful to someone else!

All sorted. The car was still bound to the dealer's phone. Once he had un-bound his phone, the option appeared on my user menu to 'connect car' which started the process as advertised. In the interim, I did not find a way of un-binding the dealer's phone from the car except for the generic factory reset (which I didn't want to do). So, if anyone's buying a used connect car, ensure that the previous owner has unbound their phone from the car.

Thanks everyone for your help.
I reinstalled the app as it wasn't working properly. Now I can't bind the app as it tells me to unbind even though Im using the same phone. Any ideas. Moral don't reinstall the app.

I reinstalled the app as it wasn't working properly. Now I can't bind the app as it tells me to unbind even though Im using the same phone. Any ideas. Moral don't reinstall the app.
I reinstalled the app the other day, it went okay.

The app still does not work, the car will not give me any location or battery status data, but atleast i was not locked out like you.

I have followed those instructions, once I’ve scanned the QR code the car logs into my account but does not bind to the app. The app asks me to scan the QR code (again) but there isn’t one.
Same here. Did you get a fix?

When you bind the car your not binding to your phone its to your account that's why you can log in on any phone to control your car

Yes car is bined but my app is not. Do I have to uninstall the app and re install it and log in again? I am so confused

You need the original account the car is bound to and debound from there if you can't get original account then mg will need to send a signal to the car to remove original bind the problem is a lot of dealers don't know or just don't won't the hassle
If you bleave you bound the car try the account on different phone if you can

Thanks. I only got the car 2 days ago and the dealing used my phone with my app. The car has my account details but the app does not work so I will try and download another app on my husbands phone and sign in with my details. Is this OK?

That's a good idea then if it works uninstall from your phone and re install

Thanks. I only got the car 2 days ago and the dealing used my phone with my app. The car has my account details but the app does not work so I will try and download another app on my husbands phone and sign in with my details. Is this OK?
Daft question, but is your car a X Demo model by any chance ?.
If so, has somebody else still got their phone bound to the car already ?.
If not a X Demo, then please just disregard my question 🤣.
It’s just that this has been a problem with some cars.

No it's a brand new car MG4 Trophy. Downloaded to my husbands phone. Deleted my from my phone. Going out to try it in the car. But wants to bind, with a q r code

Watch the video on the 2nd post for a walkthrough. If it's for an MG5 as indicated in your description, then that won't have iSmart functionality unless it's the newer facelift model.
It’s MV5 Ev. 22 reg. still can’t find where QR code is

On the home screen, swipe left to find the settings icon. In settings, the right hand thin grey panel scrolls independently of the main screen. Scroll to the bottom of the grey panel and you will find the QR code.
Can’t even find settings. it’s an MG EV5 22 model if that makes a difference ps i’m 75 hence probs lol

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom