Bjørn Nyland MG4 Bangkok challenge

For me, I could have bought a car much much cheaper than the MG4 and the MG4 being my first EV, for whats on offer and the price point, its turned out to be a very good bargain for me compared to whatselse is out there, the Car might not have so many bells and whistles which I will probably not use, given apart from ACC and heating and android auto in this car, its more than sufficient and the drive is awesome for the price coming from 5 Series BMW.

Even though I have the SE SR, its more than plenty for my needs aside from the range which I really do not need, the most I ll drive would be 120-130 miles when doing an airport run which is maybe a handful of times in a year.

So yeah there might be other cars which are better than the MG4 even with the niggles but show me one in exactly the price range and we ll talk.
Exactly right. I have a white SE SR on order. If it hadn't been for the MG4, I wouldn't be on here with you guys in the first place. I would not spend more than £30k on a commuting car. The MG4 is the right car for the right price,

Watched the uphill stress test video, highly recommend.
He was in a standard model and when he got to the steeper sections the kw usage showed just under 30 kw and would not go any higher and the power tailed off and the car struggled a bit. Does 30kw equate to 170bhp or 250 N. I realise the weight of the car and steepness of the hill have a detrimental effect. Or was the motor / battery getting hot and the car was limiting the power .Would the long range version be better? I ask because I have a long range on order and live in a hilly area which does not pose problems for my 90 bhp 19 year old Peugeot diesel.

Watched the uphill stress test video, highly recommend.
He was in a standard model and when he got to the steeper sections the kw usage showed just under 30 kw and would not go any higher and the power tailed off and the car struggled a bit. Does 30kw equate to 170bhp or 250 N. I realise the weight of the car and steepness of the hill have a detrimental effect. Or was the motor / battery getting hot and the car was limiting the power .Would the long range version be better? I ask because I have a long range on order and live in a hilly area which does not pose problems for my 90 bhp 19 year old Peugeot diesel.
I don't think it helped that he was accelerating hard and trying to get the car to limit its power.

The video text says a 31% slope. Thats more than 1 in 3.

Where the heck is that scenario in the UK - or anywhere anyone can recall driving?

So now ive collectively learnt the car wont go up a 1 in 3 hill at -40C which has become a total deal breaker for me in rural northamptonshire

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back