Blinded by the price!

The bit I can read says 7/10….
I’ll take that for 1/2 price of most other options.
(The Volvo would’ve been tempting but I’m impatient and cheap 🤣)
It’s definitely NOT for everyone though I entirely get that.

The bit I can read says 7/10….
I’ll take that for 1/2 price of most other options.
(The Volvo would’ve been tempting but I’m impatient and cheap 🤣)
It’s definitely NOT for everyone though I entirely get that.

As I’ve said before, a slightly used Tesla model 3 performance.
Just as fast, no yearly servicing costs, legendary reliability, great customer service, super chargers etc.
Really anyone buying an MG instead of this is mad.
I get that other ways of purchasing favour the MG though, Tesla let themselves down in terms of PCP for example.

Just as fast, no yearly servicing costs, legendary reliability, great customer service, super chargers etc.
Sadly Elon Musk has gone from hero to zero in one step with me when he decided not to supply the Model S and Model X to the UK. He can go and boil his head until he changes the supply criteria for the UK.

I get that other ways of purchasing favour the MG though, Tesla let themselves down in terms of PCP for example.
They also let themselves down with huge price cuts on their cars, people that have just bought them are well pissed off. Not quite the way to do things in my book. So, I will be considered mad by you, I will be looking at the X-Power later this year once our MG5 has arrived.

There's a fair few model 3's around here I've noticed, always look pug ugly when they're coming towards you IMO, think it's that huge windscreen. Do look better in dark colours rather than the common white.
Can't argue with the efficiency, reliability, no servicing and charging network though it must be said.

Yeah I get that an M3 performance would make sense (the prices are WAY better than when I last looked) and would be tempting but I can’t get over the fact I don’t like saloons. They’re in boring colours and unfortunately they’re common as muck here.

The heart wants what the heart wants heh.

Sadly Elon Musk has gone from hero to zero in one step with me when he decided not to supply the Model S and Model X to the UK. He can go and boil his head until he changes the supply criteria for the UK.

They also let themselves down with huge price cuts on their cars, people that have just bought them are well pissed off. Not quite the way to do things in my book. So, I will be considered mad by you, I will be looking at the X-Power later this year once our MG5 has arrived.

MG came out with a ‘mark 2’ MG4 when some were still waiting for their mark 1.
Chance you take when you buy a car, that things change once you have it.
If I took my car on now, I’d get 0% APR on the PCP.
Tough luck for me that got it in April.

I looked at both options (2021/22 3 performance v x power) and would have gone for the Tesla, until I checked the insurance costs for both :eek:. The 3 dual motor LR is I think the better option.

MG came out with a ‘mark 2’ MG4 when some were still waiting for their mark 1.
Chance you take when you buy a car, that things change once you have it.
If I took my car on now, I’d get 0% APR on the PCP.
Tough luck for me that got it in April.
And some of us never got their mark 1 let alone the mark 2

What percentage of folk do we think will buy a MG 4 XPower outright?
I’d hazard a guess that it would be no more than 10%.

Personally, I’d go nowhere near any EV without warranty.

Last edited:
Possibly so.

EV is no different to any other car, any modern car has the ability to empty your wallet and more in the event of a problem. My neighbours car, German make, the gearbox has failed and ended up with a bill just short of £10k

Take on an approved Tesla and they give you a warranty.
Ok it’s not going to be 7 years, but the MG warranty is not what you may think either.
Search the forum and you’ll see posts breaking down how limited it actually is.

Take on an approved Tesla and they give you a warranty.
Ok it’s not going to be 7 years, but the MG warranty is not what you may think either.
Search the forum and you’ll see posts breaking down how limited it actually is.
Hard sell with me anyway - I couldn’t be less interested in a Tesla. Boring characterless boxes. Think it would be near the bottom of my “want” list.

Possibly so.

EV is no different to any other car, any modern car has the ability to empty your wallet and more in the event of a problem. My neighbours car, German make, the gearbox has failed and ended up with a bill just short of £10k
EV is different in that the tech is developing and still a relative (to ICE) unknown.
Granted there are less parts to go bang, but if they do it’s pretty catastrophic.

I’ve got a 17 year old ICE car that I am absolutely fine with no warranty - it’s a well known, well built / engineered car that with regular servicing will be fine.

You’ve not bought a Jensen Interceptor, mate.
Calm down calling other cars boring boxes.
I’ve not bought anything “mate”!
Why do you take such offence at opinions on large chunks of metal / plastic that differ to yours?
Stop being so sensitive!

Last edited:
People prefer different vehicles. So it is perfectly sane to not want the Tesla if you don't like it - car buying for most people isn't a spreadsheet calculation (beyond what they can afford).

One of the really crap things about Tesla is that there is basically zero vehicle choice. You have to buy a M3 saloon. No other body styles, no variety of different shapes, nothing at all at this kind of price point.

Musk lets you have whatever you want so long as it is his choice of shape, style, zero buttons, no screen in front of the driver, no Carplay/AA and a ton of other idiosyncrasies (don't get me started on yokes without variable steering racks) that masquerade as "better tech" but in fact are just being different for its own sake.

Tesla has some brilliant technology under the hood and in the factory but some of their car design choices really suck,

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel