Bluetooth Issues with iPhone

STG

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have had several instances where my Trophy loses the bluetooth connection to my phone (An Apple iPhone XS Max) and ask to make a repairing request each time the infotainment systems starts up which could be several times a day.

I had made some changes by renaming the Bluetooth name for the car to STG and wiped all MG connections from my iPhone. This seems to work and it kept the connection over 3 days but today it started asking for pairing again.

So it has lost the connection again. I checked my iphone and it showed there was no connection to STG (STG is the bluetooth name for my MG4), checking the infotainment bluetooth settings it showed my iphone was not connected but listed in history. So i then did the repairing request again and noticed that on my iphone it created another new connection to STG.

This suggest to me that it might be my iphone causing the problem as it now has 2 bluetooth connections to STG but I am just guessing.

Has anybody else noticed this with theirs?

I am on R46.

My Iphone loses Bluetooth connection occasionally. Sometimes it lasts a few weeks then suddenly every day for a few days. Like you I get a pairing request on the infotainment screen but it won't connect again until I "forget" the MG bluetooth connection on my Iphone and restart the whole pairing process again. R40 here.

Took my Trophy in for its first service last week. Asked them to fix the Bluetooth. They upgraded some modules (secret mg 'recall') but attempts to upgrade the infotainment system failed. Their tech is off to MGUK this week and I'm promised an appointment for the update after this 🥴

I have finally given up with my iPhone and the MG4 Bluetooth, for the past couple of day I just attached the wife Galaxy S21 and it's stuck there happy for 3 days attached, so as my iPhone XS Max could not keep attachwed for more than 2 days and has a bad cracked screen and the battery is not great (and would cost approx £150 to fix both) I have decided to switch to Android and get a new Moto G54 instead for £160. Time will tell if I made the right decision.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back