Bluetooth pairing to Apple devices

Philekent

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
My new ZS EV will NOT Bluetooth pair with any iOS devices we have - iPhones - iPad nor even a MacBook !

I CAN Bluetooth to Phones etc which are NOT Apple, but all my iPhones, iPads will not connect.

Anyone else had this issue ?? The Dealership simply said 'Ive never coome across This before !"
can anybody Help please !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE :
I took my Apple tech to the dealership and showed them that none connected.

They had NO idea why none of my stuff connected, though i did spot a soultion,. The technicians managed to connect their iphone - which were all newer than any of my stuff.
So I bought a new iPhone - and low and behold it Paired straight away.

No I dont understand it. All my tech is running on iOS 16. etc BUT ONLY THE NEW iPHONE pairs up.

I have a solution - but not an explanation.

Last edited:
My new ZS EV will NOT bluetooth pair with any iOS devices we have - iPhones - iPad nor even a MacBook !
can anybody Help please !
Are you trying to pair car to phone or phone to car the latter don't seem to work you can try car play sometimes automatically pairs

Are you trying to pair car to phone or phone to car the latter don't seem to work you can try car play sometimes automatically pairs
Thanks for replying. Ive tried it both ways. I THOUGHT it was becaause we have 2 ZS EVs on the drive at the moment [the buyer of our 'old' car is waiting to get his Charging Point installed] and so both our cars have the same Namr. But Ive changed the Names on Btooth with no luck.

I know I shouldnt bother, but I took the Newer car to the MG dealership and there they/we did discover that the car WILL Pair to any device [eg a Samsung phone] but NOT to any of my Apple Devices [iphones, ipads, Macbooks !] the car even registers passing vehicles with their Btooth On.

So Whats suddenly WRONG with Apple products ????

I have a similar issue - bluetooth will pair fine to my iphone, but car play is having none of it!

I have a similar issue - bluetooth will pair fine to my iphone, but car play is having none of it!
Frustratingly my EV does the Opposite. There’s no sense to it- and I’ve worked with tech most of my life.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom