• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

BMS update-Computer says “No”

Mgkev

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I reconfirmed my 1st service for next week with my supplying dealer and double checked the updates they are going to perform. As per my original booking telephone call the service department stated that my VIN does not show that I’m eligible for the BMS (SA015) update.
To be honest I’m not to concerned as I only A/C charge at home but surely my car should still be on the list?
Has anyone else had this issue?
Regards Kev.

Mgkev

before you have the BMS update please read tags on MG Europe battery heater update...May be a fault on the BMS update which reduces your range significantly

yes I know Mark but if you take a look at the last 10 or so tags it discusses the seemingly range reduction when the BMS update is carried out...That is what has happened to me and its going to dealers on 11th...Just thought you should know before have yours done

yes I know Mark but if you take a look at the last 10 or so tags it discusses the seemingly range reduction when the BMS update is carried out...That is what has happened to me and its going to dealers on 11th...Just thought you should know before have yours done
Okay thanks, let us know how you get on...
I’m concerned that it appears that some of these updates are either failing in part or producing different results....very strange.

Hi Guys, thanks so far for your response. As I said I’m not to bothered about getting the update but more the issue regarding my VIN not being on the BMS upgrade list.

Mgkev. Mine is the same. 2 separate dealers have said I can't have the BMS SO15 as my vin is not on the list. Like you it's not a big deal as we charge over night but wonder why we can't have it as it's supposed to fix the problem with the Rolec charger that MG themselves gave us.

I got my car new in September 2020 and it does not AC charge unlocked so I presume it is not the latest BMS? With all the concerns above I have just checked my figures and at 4 degrees ambient the SOC is 75%, GOM is showing 110 in ECO but the HV battery is showing only 421v. Should I be concerned?
Wait for MG to release a fix.
Mgkev

before you have the BMS update please read tags on MG Europe battery heater update...May be a fault on the BMS update which reduces your range significantly
There are seemingly two issues. One with the July BMS update which is affecting many owners and second the ‘Norwegian’ #coldgate battery heater update, which is only affecting 2 cars that I’m aware of in the UK.
Hi Guys, thanks so far for your response. As I said I’m not to bothered about getting the update but more the issue regarding my VIN not being on the BMS upgrade list.
You can’t get it unless they have released a fix before then.
Mgkev. Mine is the same. 2 separate dealers have said I can't have the BMS SO15 as my vin is not on the list. Like you it's not a big deal as we charge over night but wonder why we can't have it as it's supposed to fix the problem with the Rolec charger that MG themselves gave us.
You can’t get it because MG have pulled it. Wait for the fix.

I too was told back in October that the BMS update from the summer wasn't showing for my vin. I wanted it as I had no delayed charging. They installed a separate one for the issue with Rolec chargers and that worked. Unfortunately just on the mouth of Christmas it stopped working again...but that's another issue

Thanks all for the info I’m now clear in my mind that I should not get the BMS update.

Having watched the podcast this afternoon I’ve got mine on the granny to slow charge it up to 100%, mine has had the update when I got the car in September as I can charge without the doors locked, but I think I’m not experiencing the range loss others have reported (at 89% the car was at 443v when I plugged in the granny in the garage just now), I’ll report back in 3 hours when that charge is complete.

So just finished 💯 charge, showing 455V and 151 range so I think mine is OK, now it might be an idea to ring Chorley and ask what services mine had carried out in early September. It has comfort2 and can charge with the doors unlocked (and I believe HB fuse done as well) it may help with troubleshooting for them to know for other users?

8751F01D-85D0-46A9-9523-5DBBEBF32542.jpeg

1. I've done a couple of small <10kWh rapid charges in December, and around 6 level 2 charges usually from around 30-40% > 100%
2. Yeah its garaged, but its a big old drafty garage (it actually looks like a firestation, it used to be a coach house, so is double height and has glass roof). I'll check the ambient temperature in there, but my guess is around 5C warmer than outside is.

OK so I currently have about half charge in car and have set charger up to only take 16 A tonight.. Lets seeif I too can get to around 455V from my current 437V and 80 miles
Will report back tomorrow

I'm now going to have to do a fair few laps of my town to run down the charge so its not sitting at 100% for too long given the current restrictions, I may get lost on my way to Tesco tonight :sneaky:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom