Bonnet App - More Free Leccy Codes

Perhaps. Why the big red timer?
Why not, it tells you you are still charging which can be re-assuring if you have no other means of knowing whilst having your coffee. :)

Why not, it tells you you are still charging which can be re-assuring if you have no other means of knowing whilst having your coffee. :)
It is a bad UX design. Red alarms you. Charging should be considered a good thing hence green would be a better colour. This especially important when the purpose of the app is to sell you something.

I haven't used the app so in all honesty I don't know how alarming it is.

It is a bad UX design. Red alarms you. Charging should be considered a good thing hence green would be a better colour. This especially important when the purpose of the app is to sell you something.

Podpoints for e.g is a nice big green thing with s tick saying "charge confirmed".
Don't think there's a need felt for a big red timer there or any timer unless it's well hidden 🙂

Ah! Maybe the bonnet app dev is colourblind?! Now we just need to imagine some logic for the "stopwatch" charge timer 🤔...

The mg5 has no app, you have to guess how long your charge may take. The timer allows you to see how long you have been charging for when you've moved away from the charger. My experience was it froze when I went off the app to do something else and went back to it. Leaving me thinking I had been 20 minutes but was actually closer to the hour. Which meant I arrived back to the car at 86% not 80 as intended.

The big red timer is no conspiracy, just poor UI design. As it finding your way back to an active charge. They seem to send you notifications of offers and news, but can't put a notification up of an active charge duration and the ability to stop it..

The price increase is unsurprising. You were able to use 50p/kwh chargers for half price someone was losing a lot of money

The mg5 has no app, you have to guess how long your charge may take.

Mk1 ZS - snap....

The timer allows you to see how long you have been charging for when you've moved away from the charger.
As well as a watch & the clock on the device...

My experience was it froze when I went off the app to do something else and went back to it. Leaving me thinking I had been 20 minutes but was actually closer to the hour. Which meant I arrived back to the car at 86% not 80 as intended.
Yes i noticed that but hardly unusual when switching between apps, they dont refresh the screen until they are "at the front" so to speak
The big red timer is no conspiracy, just poor UI design. As it finding your way back to an active charge.

Yes I had to take an educated guess at the significance of the red lightning bolt!
They seem to send you notifications of offers and news, but can't put a notification up of an active charge duration and the ability to stop it..
That would be asking too much 🙂
The price increase is unsurprising. You were able to use 50p/kwh chargers for half price someone was losing a lot of money
Not Putin sadly.

On my phone it is pink not red.

So most of these codes are now not valid anymore.

What is Even worse, vouchers entered but not used has also vanished from the app.

I had a free charge i wanted to use today, but it is not in the app anymore.

I never saw an expiration date when entering these codes.

Oh well, i Will just uninstall bonnet app then.

I understand codes have an expiry date but vouchers already given should be honored in My opinion.

It is a pain to lose the free codes but due to boards like this, many people were able to accumulate 10+ free charges. Using Bonnet is still cheaper for many chargers so I will be keeping the app.

It is a pain to lose the free codes but due to boards like this, many people were able to accumulate 10+ free charges. Using Bonnet is still cheaper for many chargers so I will be keeping the app.
I would as well, just used the app to recharge for free in Germany, but since Bonnet pulled out of Denmark completely, there are no chargers in a 200 miles radius of my home.

Changed to another app, called Northe, they are essentially the same, but has a lot more Danish chargers.

I would as well, just used the app to recharge for free in Germany, but since Bonnet pulled out of Denmark completely, there are no chargers in a 200 miles radius of my home.

Changed to another app, called Northe, they are essentially the same, but has a lot more Danish chargers.
Any British chargers on it?

I/my wife, and lots of others no doubt, keep getting these 'we've missed you.......' notifications from Bonnet with offers like 50% off next charge or even a freebie if used in the next X days, but it never appears in the promotions wallet so haven't tried using them.
Has anyone tried it, does it work ?

I/my wife, and lots of others no doubt, keep getting these 'we've missed you.......' notifications from Bonnet with offers like 50% off next charge or even a freebie if used in the next X days, but it never appears in the promotions wallet so haven't tried using them.
Has anyone tried it, does it work ?
Yes, it works automagically

Attachments

• northe.jpg
    northe.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 79
Having used the Bonnet app on several different types of chargers I find its essential to follow the messages in the app instructing you to 'plug-in' and 'start charge'. On plugging in and receiving the start charge message as an additional measure I always wait 10 seconds before starting the charge in the app. I have found that some of the older style chargers on Osprey do struggle with the Bonnet app. Hopefully, they will fix what appears to be a communication issue between the app and the charger. Another tip, which is obvious but easy to overlook is, make sure you are trying to start a charge on the right charger as identified by a code or number in the app and on the charger unit.

Hmm can't seem to find that in the Google play store (android). Can't say I'm surprised! 🤬

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom