Bonnet pad

They didn’t issue a recall for people getting locked in, they’re hardly going to do one for missing noise deadening.
I think it’s another example of the production line fitting stuff (or not) depending on what they have to hand.
Like the auto dipping rear view mirror that my SE wasn’t supposed to have and therefore wasn’t wired up…
Yes they did ... I received a recall letter regarding that issue. You'd probably ditched your car before that process came into effect.

Just checked and my SE SR doesn't have the pad.

I've notified the dealer it's missing and sent them a photo as proof (along with the white one shown) saying I want one fitted under warranty when it is serviced next week.

Lets' see what they say 🫣

@Rolfe - there you go so you know what a blue one looks like when it's missing!

Attachments

• IMG_20230824_145613.jpg
    IMG_20230824_145613.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 169
Do you know what I've just realised I've got one of those lol!!

Incredible, isn’t it?
Me pressing a button and wondering why nothing happening, only to realise I should have had a manual dipping mirror.
I didn’t bother reporting it, I was too tired of it all.

I've notified the dealer it's missing and sent them a photo as proof (along with the white one shown) saying I want one fitted under warranty when it is serviced next week.

I might even have noticed that. The underside of the bonnet is very detailed, whereas the pad is featureless.

I wonder if the people who are complaining about the aircon noise have checked if they have the pad?

That looks like it hit every branch on the way down as it fell out of the ugly tree. :LOL:

Season 11 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Well my dealer isn't saying they won't sort it but they need to see it and check it before submitting the claim to MG. I did say they could read the VIN number on the photograph and they expect me to do a 60 mile round trip just to look at it? Oh well they will be getting a not very happy customer on Friday...

Funny how you don't notice things like this.

After reading this thread I just had to go and check my Trophy has the Bonnet sound pad. It has, although as has already been mentioned the car is still fairly noisy as motorway speeds.

However, for all its foibles, still happy with my car.

I would be amazed if there was a recall for this. Making a fuss is worth a try.
So my car was in for it's first service today . They're sorting out a new undertray. But have said that because I didn't report the lack of bonnet pad sooner it's not a valid warranty claim .
My argument is how could I make a claim if I didn't know it should have been there in the first place!
I reported it back in August as soon as I knew it should have been in place and told them that as my car was due for a service in October I was prepared to wait until then .
They've also said my a c is not loud .If it had the soundproofing it'd be quieter and I wouldn't argue about that.
I'm now prepared for a fight .

So my car was in for it's first service today . They're sorting out a new undertray. But have said that because I didn't report the lack of bonnet pad sooner it's not a valid warranty claim .
My argument is how could I make a claim if I didn't know it should have been there in the first place!
I reported it back in August as soon as I knew it should have been in place and told them that as my car was due for a service in October I was prepared to wait until then .
They've also said my a c is not loud .If it had the soundproofing it'd be quieter and I wouldn't argue about that.
Who are these clowns?

I'd speak to the Dealer principal don't mess with the monkeys, it's not a warranty claim it's a failure of the dealer PDI!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back