Boot size question

KBZR

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi
Does anybody know or could
Measure the boot floor of their MG 4 please?

Looking to purchase one but need to check a wheel chair will fit in boot.

My MG is not with me at the moment but I did find this post, hope it helps.

Hi

Why not take the wheelchair with you to a dealers and see if it will fit?

The parcel shelf is designed to be easily removed. With it removed, the wheelchair might fit in vertically.
I can investigate further if required.

This might not help, and the car's not with me at the moment to measure; my father-in-law's walker-with-a-seat JUST fits in if it's the right way round, but it is a tight fit depthways. I suspect you may struggle with a wheelchair.

Can you provide the dimensions of the wheelchair? I presume it folds. Do the handles fold down and the foot rests come off? Do you take the wheels off? Could it fit behind the passenger seat?

My daughter's wheelchair didn't fit in the back of my SE, even with the wheels removed. Back seats down, no problems ... but not with them up.

Hope this helps.

Mum's wheelchair (fairly basic model, large rear wheels, foot rests detatch, handles fold down) fits into my MG4 no problem. The parcel shelf has to be removed (quick and easy), but the seats do not need to be folded down. I put it wheels down and leant towards the front of the car. It does obsucure the view through the rear window somewhat, but there's always the wing mirrors. Of course the more definite answer is to take the wheelchair to the dealer and try it, as suggested above.

Hi

My wife has an mg 4 on motability and her electric scooter (which comes apart into three pieces) fits into the boot comfortably

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back