Bosch Part number on the ACC front Radar on the ZS EV

thefirstzs

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello, does anyone know the Bosch (assuming it's a Bosch unit) part number for the front ACC radar (the one in the bumper) on the ZS EV?
I have the MG part number 10928834, but it looks like a Bosch unit.. and MG want over £600 for the part, which if it is a Bosch unit, I know I can source for a lot less..

Hello, does anyone know the Bosch (assuming it's a Bosch unit) part number for the front ACC radar (the one in the bumper) on the ZS EV?
I have the MG part number 10928834, but it looks like a Bosch unit.. and MG want over £600 for the part, which if it is a Bosch unit, I know I can source for a lot less..
Have you seen the new post from EV breakers.
EV Breakers - A dedicated electric vehicle breaker

Hi The radar sensor is a bosch unit.Your local mg dealership will email you a printout of the parts and numbers for this and all frontal parts especially if you are buying several parts off them.You can also negotiate a discount.
Thanks, I will ask for the print out . Though I doubt I'll order this new.. My local dealer quoted nearly £600!!

Hi In my experience the newparts from mg are cheaper than the 2nd hand parts from a breaker.They can be collected 2 days after ordering.The airbags,crash sensors dashboard and seatbelts are cheaper from mg.There are many parts behind the grill where you would need a printout unless you have another mgzsev to look at

Hi In my experience the newparts from mg are cheaper than the 2nd hand parts from a breaker.They can be collected 2 days after ordering.The airbags,crash sensors dashboard and seatbelts are cheaper from mg.There are many parts behind the grill where you would need a printout unless you have another mgzsev to look at
Which dealer did you use? The quote I got for the cruise radar from mine was excessive in my view

I was quoted £540+vat.Fortuneately i only needed to repair the outer case/ holder.I would not pay anywhere near that There are several saic radar sensors on ebay that look the same new and secondhand.I did not buy the mg to sell so i can wait for non essential parts.

Hello everyone, it looks like someone tried to steal my ACC/Bosch sensor but didn't manage to get away with it. They damaged one of the mounts, I'm not sure if it'll go back together yet, it's a pig to get to.

The car now comes up with a load of warnings, ACC not available and another two. I'm assuming these are all linked to the sensor being moved.

Does anyone know how to reset the sensor once it's back in position?

Thanks in advance

Hello everyone, it looks like someone tried to steal my ACC/Bosch sensor but didn't manage to get away with it. They damaged one of the mounts, I'm not sure if it'll go back together yet, it's a pig to get to.

The car now comes up with a load of warnings, ACC not available and another two. I'm assuming these are all linked to the sensor being moved.

Thanks in advance
Assuming is un damaged and connected properly the codes could possibly be cleared with an ODBII adapter and an app like Torque or Carly.

If it’s still in warranty you might want to do a dealer visit

Thanks in advance

Drive it for a bit and it'll reset itself. I had an incident with a piece of tyre debris that damaged the mount and took the cover off.

Once I got it back I clipped it back in and put some tape across it to protect it. To my surprise it then worked fine.

I think the parts to mend it properly were about £12. It threw a wobble after I put the new mount and cover on it, but it cleared after a few miles and has remained fine over the last 10000 miles.

So don't pay the £400 for a 'calibration' from a dealer. It probably won't need it.

Drive it for a bit and it'll reset itself. I had an incident with a piece of tyre debris that damaged the mount and took the cover off.

Once I got it back I clipped it back in and put some tape across it to protect it. To my surprise it then worked fine.

I think the parts to mend it properly were about £12. It threw a wobble after I put the new mount and cover on it, but it cleared after a few miles and has remained fine over the last 10000 miles.

So don't pay the £400 for a 'calibration' from a dealer. It probably won't need it.
Hi
Where did you get the mount and how easy was it to replace? Stealer want £990 to do mine. Says needs aNew radar but radar is detecting etc

From the dealer, it was a 5 minute job in the car park to replace.
Can you let me know what part(s) you bought please.

My wife went in to the back of someone, no damage to the other car but our radar isn’t working properly, it looks like some plastic clips that hold the radar in place have broken, but I can’t find a parts list anywhere to identify what might be missing or broken.

Thanks

An update on my issue, I got a new mount and fitted it. Reset the error code using Torque and it came back straight away. Tried driving it around to see if it would reset and it didn't.

Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't connect to the car to run diagnostics, apparently MG UK system has been having issues throughout the country. Had a similar issue around 18 months ago during the first service when the software couldn't be updated, couldn't connect.

I've tried contacting MG customer service and they've been terrible in all honesty:
  • try taking it to a dealer. I've already done that, it was in the email.
  • we tried to contact the dealer but they didn't reply therefore we assume they don't want to offer a goodwill gesture. Ok you could try again and I really just want to know if my car has a connection issue or does MG have a system issue, or are the dealers not trained correctly???

I've had to chase them up for replies, someone's they didn't reply. When they do they don't want to know. It's disappointing.

Have exactly the same problem with my radar turning off at high speeds. MG quoted me over £2000 to replace. It's just loose, just needs a repair. Very difficult to access. Any advice would be fantastic

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom